More hubcap art

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Fri May 08, 2009 8:20 am

The latest I have done, with the Ford hubcap no less. This was a blurry painting of a Ford truck in a grassy field. I have no idea if it is even a real Ford truck.

Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Fri May 08, 2009 8:22 am

Thats really cool. Where did you come up with the idea of hubcap art?

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Fri May 08, 2009 9:10 am

RussellK wrote:Thats really cool. Where did you come up with the idea of hubcat art?
I had some hubcaps from my 64 Bug I didn't want to throw away, and wanted to do something with them, so my son and I painted them and hung them up. When I got some more, I just figured why not use them instead of putting them in a landfill? This is two of them a few years ago.

Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Fri May 08, 2009 2:55 pm

I did a jacket for myself years ago, an A-2 like the aircrews wear, and had a friend paint a girl I picked out of a Playboy, but I did the rest. I have a patch for all the squadrons I have been in the Air Force, and a bomb for every year I had been in. This was taken in 2002 while I was in Kuwait, I had just added the Kuwait Towers on the back.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:20 am

Latest one from a Ford hubcap. This is a patch from an Air Force squadron, the 416th Bombardment, they flew B-17's in the Mediterranean and European theaters. Here is the original patch:

And here is my hubcap.

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:38 am

That's awesome, Sly. LOVE it! =D>
1974 T1 Super Beetle "Fweem"
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

"Love something? Serve it."
~Roshni Mitra

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:17 pm

Latest one, just finished today, still need to clean it up.I call it Stück der Hand. I am in a skeleton theme still.

Ryno
IAC Contributor
IAC Contributor

Post by Ryno » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:36 pm

^^that's awesome!!..Nice work man.
Ryan

1985 Westfalia

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:19 pm

Ryno wrote:^^that's awesome!!..Nice work man.
Thanks, perhaps I can get one of my hubcaps in Colin's book. Peter Aschwanden I am not, and no where near Colin in detailing, but hey this is ODD ART!

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:51 pm

fabulous skeleton.

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:27 am

skin daddio wrote:fabulous skeleton.
Downright Deadian.

That's my favorite so far!

-John
Keep it acoustic.

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:45 pm

that and yellow submarine was up there. i see we have ourselves a legit hubcap artist. cool thread. retrorific.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:48 pm

LiveonJG wrote:
Downright Deadian.

-John
I have done it before, I used to paint patches for jackets, and did this one years ago.

And no, I never could paint humans, stick figures sure, but especially no dames.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:52 pm

And this one, from the 414th Bomb Group in Europe, sort of a wing and a prayer moment.

Quadratrückseite
IAC's #1 Cubs Fan
IAC's #1 Cubs Fan

Post by Quadratrückseite » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:13 pm

Sylvester wrote:
LiveonJG wrote:
Downright Deadian.

-John
I have done it before, I used to paint patches for jackets, and did this one years ago.

And no, I never could paint humans, stick figures sure, but especially no dames.
Fitting for a skeleton, that is the Dead Man's Hand, is it not? Aces and Eights? In college I was in a band named Dead Man's Hand.
"The bus is the real talisman. It's the thing that runs through all of this history. It's not a thing anybody owns or controls. No matter how peeved you get with people, the bus always makes your heart jump. Everybody was attached to it."
- Ken Kesey

Steve
1978 Country Homes Camper conversion - "Gus"

http://gusthevwbus.com
http://freshandmodern.com/blog