YICKS !! Where did the Color go?

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Elwood
IAC Addict!

YICKS !! Where did the Color go?

Post by Elwood » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:27 pm

This is bad! Looks to much like someplace else!

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Re: YICKS !! Where did the Color go?

Post by spiffy » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:33 pm

Elwood wrote:This is bad! Looks to much like someplace else!
I can see!!!!! much easier on the eyes!!! :dkriz:
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:56 pm

Did they switch the default forum colors? If so you can go into your profile and change it.

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:36 pm

Tried that Don, says it,s green glass, but it is not. Im really upset over this, I really liked the black background. Gave the site a classy look. Now it looks really run of the mill-cookie cutter. But we will see what the powers that be want to do.

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:37 pm

DurocShark wrote:Did they switch the default forum colors? If so you can go into your profile and change it.
It doesn't seem to work that way, at least for me. I've seected Green Glass but still get the new default sub silver or something like that. Now it looks like that nice girl in the corner is being electrocuted! Safety tip: ALWAYS disconnect the battery ground before working on the electrical system.
-John
Keep it acoustic.

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:47 pm

I discovered the problem I was having with login and pics was because of the Green Glass Template. I'm going to try and find another that is approved by PHPBB.

I have built a new site with no bugs but I can't figure out how to tranfer the memberlist and threads. Otherwise everyone will need to re-register and start all over again. The new site has a wonderful graphics program that will really make a big difference.
:vwgauge420:

1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.
------------------------------------------------------

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:07 pm

Well OK Sluggo, thanks for explaining. You really should not have to but it was just a shock. Will look forward to new look soon.

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:12 pm

Sluggo wrote:I discovered the problem I was having with login and pics was because of the Green Glass Template. I'm going to try and find another that is approved by PHPBB.

I have built a new site with no bugs but I can't figure out how to tranfer the memberlist and threads. Otherwise everyone will need to re-register and start all over again. The new site has a wonderful graphics program that will really make a big difference.
# I (or my users) cannot stay logged in to the forum!

If you (or your users) are, after attempting a login, being returned to the index (or other page) without appearing to be logged in the most likely problem is incorrect cookie settings. phpBB 2 uses cookies to store a session id and a small amount of user data. For this data to be stored correctly the cookie domain, path and secure settings must be correct. You can check this in Admin->General Configuration->Cookie settings. Typically the cookie domain can be left blank and the cookie path set to / (a single forward slash). Do not set the cookie as being secure unless your board is running over a secure sockets layer connection, ie. https://

If you still have problems try setting the cookie domain to your full domain name, eg. www.mysystem.tld, www.something.mydomain.tld. You must ensure the domain name contains at least two dots or browsers will be unlikely to recognise the cookie, eg. .mydomain.com, mydomain.com. Do not add http:// or anything else to the domain name!

(From the phpBB FAQ.)

Am I close?

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:20 pm

DurocShark wrote:
Am I close?
Close to being a web bay window designer god!

We know this is a work in progress, there will be bumps and bruises, that's to be expected.

I actually think we are doing pretty good getting a community going here. It's like a small town. I know most of the people, but we're close to the highway, so we see a lot of people passing through. Maybe some will stay an' settle down.

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:52 pm

chitwnvw wrote:
DurocShark wrote:
Am I close?
Close to being a web bay window designer god!
Not anymore. I realized a long time ago I could be lazy and let other people build things and I just make them look the way I want them to look. Coding is like work, or something. heh

I lost my godhood when I stopped writing my own code, instead pulling in snippets of code others write (and give away! Heaven!)

I know we'll have lots of hiccups. It's inevitable. Plus, to make matters worse, we kinda pushed Sluggo to get this going faster than originally planned. The poor guy must be going nuts.

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:08 pm

DurocShark wrote:
Sluggo wrote:I discovered the problem I was having with login and pics was because of the Green Glass Template. I'm going to try and find another that is approved by PHPBB.

# I (or my users) cannot stay logged in to the forum!

If you (or your users) are, after attempting a login, being returned to the index (or other page) without appearing to be logged in the most likely problem is incorrect cookie settings. phpBB 2 uses cookies to store a session id and a small amount of user data. For this data to be stored correctly the cookie domain, path and secure settings must be correct. You can check this in Admin->General Configuration->Cookie settings. Typically the cookie domain can be left blank and the cookie path set to / (a single forward slash). Do not set the cookie as being secure unless your board is running over a secure sockets layer connection, ie. https://

If you still have problems try setting the cookie domain to your full domain name, eg. www.mysystem.tld, www.something.mydomain.tld. You must ensure the domain name contains at least two dots or browsers will be unlikely to recognise the cookie, eg. .mydomain.com, mydomain.com. Do not add http:// or anything else to the domain name!

(From the phpBB FAQ.)

Am I close?
Tried it. I think the problem is that I tried installing and uninstalling a bunch of mods before I realized the compatibility issued. The script is now so different than it originally was that fixes don't want to work. I really want a way to move everyone over to the new site automatically. It works perfectly (so far) and has a completely uncorrupted script. Even if I fix the problems with log in and pics I'll still ahve to deal with this on every upgrade.

Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:14 pm

Very true. :(

Sorry man. I was hoping it would be easy. When I ran a 1.2 board it was the same kind of thing. If I didn't document the heck out of whatever I did, well, you know. :dcrybaby:

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:16 pm

DurocShark wrote:I know we'll have lots of hiccups. It's inevitable. Plus, to make matters worse, we kinda pushed Sluggo to get this going faster than originally planned. The poor guy must be going nuts.
Going Nuts! :smt110 Very much so. Just moved, Redesigning the site, Replacing main drainage lines at work (I'm an apartment manager/maintenace man) and the normal tenant crap, working out the bugs on my engine, Just started doing maintenance at The Derby (the famous swing club) and may start booking some Ska & Reggae acts for them. Plus watching the 7 month old (who just learned he can scoot across the floor to get to all the things we moved away from him) at night when the wife works.

Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:17 pm

DurocShark wrote:Very true. :(

Sorry man. I was hoping it would be easy. When I ran a 1.2 board it was the same kind of thing. If I didn't document the heck out of whatever I did, well, you know. :dcrybaby:
I make a back up before every experiment now. If you notice a very recent post deleted, I'm probably restoring from one of the experiments.

Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:44 pm

Hay Sluggo is your address still the same for donations as on your web site? The Los Feliz one? Got to help you out a little along the way, till the t-shirts and stickers are ready to sell. =D> And that boy has to have a growing up fund, sounds like he is a "Chip" O never mind , ya know what Im trying to say. Barb