Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Am New

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:34 am

SlowLane wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:20 am

Yeah, or maybe he carries a drain pan now and collects the drained oil instead of returning it to mother earth. :cherry:
Bad You,

You do NOT ever return oil that has landed in a container to a non-filtered Type 1 engine. The drained oil was returned to an AutoZone via a Castrol gallon container, thank-you VERY MUCH. At no time did I consider returning the drained oil back into the engine due to unknown contamination in my drain container out there in the desert. Bad you.
Colin
(of course, if I had no other option, I was ready to filter it through a roll of paper towels stuffed in a cut up upside-down gallon water jug)
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

SlowLane
IAC Addict!

Post by SlowLane » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:37 pm

Oh, c'mon. I can't be the only one who jumped to that faulty conclusion. But Good You for not leaving oily little puddles all over America's nowhere middles.
'81 Canadian Westfalia (2.0L, manual), now Californiated

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
- Terry Pratchett

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:18 pm

SlowLane wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:37 pm
Oh, c'mon. I can't be the only one who jumped to that faulty conclusion. But Good You for not leaving oily little puddles all over America's nowhere middles.

I THOUGHT you had READ my every EPISTLE and committed them to ever-lasting MEMORY . . . but here it is, August 14th, 2015. I shall quote the first sentence here:
The back story on my oil change on the way to Phoenix is even worse than the obvious idiocy of draining all of the oil out of an oil-filter-free engine into a drain container of unknown prior contaminations, then and only then asking myself where exactly is the new oil?
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=12665&p=215893&hil ... #p215893
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

SlowLane
IAC Addict!

Post by SlowLane » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:14 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:18 pm
I THOUGHT you had READ my every EPISTLE and committed them to ever-lasting MEMORY . . .
Hell, I can't remember half of I've written, much less remember all of what you have. :study:
Apologies for the feather-ruffling. Please stop shouting, it isn't good for the blood pressure at your age. :flower:
'81 Canadian Westfalia (2.0L, manual), now Californiated

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
- Terry Pratchett