Happy Thanksgiving . . .

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Happy Thanksgiving . . .

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:07 am

I am thankful for hot water that comes out of the tap. I am thankful for electricity that converts both into light at the flip of a switch and fuels the miracle of the modern computer (Windows XP here!) and the attendant ability to communicate with others all around the world. That is to say, I am thankful for the unseen and unsung hordes of humans all engaged in the endeavors that comprise the civilization on planet Earth here this morning.

I am thankful for the past year's traveling career of meeting new people and new vistas, greeting the old ones and sharing this air-cooled Volkswagen phenomenon that still captivates me as it ever did.

I am thankful of my acquaintance with this thing here we call love, and I will thank the Universe to give me more opportunities to tease and test it and shore it up and share it out.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Xelmon
Sedna of VW lovers

Re: Happy Thanksgiving . . .

Post by Xelmon » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:32 pm

How thoughtful!

I am honestly thankful that even though mom broke her hip in a bicycle accident, she can walk and exercise just fine in a matter of months. =)

Happy Thanksgiving all!

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:02 am

Driving northwards on I -29 in North Dakota a few years ago, I was compelled to pound the dashboard in heartfelt agreement upon seeing in the middle of nowhere, this huge billboard:

A belated Happy Thanksgiving, 'mericans.
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

Cindy
IAC Addict!

Post by Cindy » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:20 pm

Glasseye! Hello!
“No one can tell what goes on in between the person you were and the person you become. No one can chart that blue and lonely section of hell. There are no maps of the change. You just come out the other side.
Or you don't.” ― Stephen King, The Stand

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:49 pm

Hey, Cindy! Still here, more or less. Sold The Dorper, but still driving a German van. :)
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:28 am

glasseye wrote:Hey, Cindy! Still here, more or less. Sold The Dorper, but still driving a German van. :)
Thankfully . . .
Colin

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:44 am

I hope all had a Happy Thanksgiving. I played kickball for the first time in years and was reminded in many ways why I have not played since elementary school.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:23 am

Sylvester wrote:I hope all had a Happy Thanksgiving. I played kickball for the first time in years and was reminded in many ways why I have not played since elementary school.
I get that. I tried a swing set a few years ago. I used to enjoy flying high enough to relax the chains. This time around, it made me car sick. :geek:

Boxcar
Addicted!

Post by Boxcar » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:11 am

Amskeptic wrote:
Sylvester wrote:I hope all had a Happy Thanksgiving. I played kickball for the first time in years and was reminded in many ways why I have not played since elementary school.
I get that. I tried a swing set a few years ago. I used to enjoy flying high enough to relax the chains. This time around, it made me car sick. :geek:
Might I wonder as to the "load" on those chains? Session A.? VS session B.?
ANYhow, like the thread said"thankful"
Yes,even belated thankfulness. All sorts of gratitude. Especially those b*itch slaps from the Universe that precede education.
//Boxcar aka ERIC from NJ/back from a trip out west to rejoin my "other boxer", a two wheeled one.
1975 003 Auto Westy L90D

repair!!!!aug2015
Jan/16 Bumped mixture a few notches richer. finally developing HP.

1.8L/LJet/Pertron DVDA+PertronixCompufire 42/36Ham Heads/AA 93mm pistons/barrels.Porsc.Swiv.Adjusters/CromoSteel pushrds/ Web 9550Cam/55cc chmbr.,035 squish,8.6:1CR/German Supply VWCanadaReman Rods/Schadek 26mmPump/vdo dualOP8/10#low sender/Quart Deep Sump
Backdate Htr bxs,reflanged 914 4into1. Two and three eighths inch collector,magniflow*muffler

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:15 pm

Boxcar wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:
Might I wonder as to the "load" on those chains? Session A.? VS session B.?
How . . . kind of you to ask.

Session A
49 lbs

Session B
449 lbs

Any more indelicate questions??
Colin :pirate: