A.I.R.S. not updated?

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Emily's Owner
Old School!

A.I.R.S. not updated?

Post by Emily's Owner » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:44 am

Does anyone know the administrator for the AIRS list? I've been trying to update my info for about a year now and always get an error message when I try (sent an email to the webmaster ages ago, no reply).

I know people still use it, but I don't live where I used to anymore...it appears it was last updated in 2010.

:scratch:
Margaret

Lead me not into temptation...... Oh hell, who are we kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut.

sped372
IAC Addict!

Re: A.I.R.S. not updated?

Post by sped372 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:04 am

I gave up trying to get updated. I don't think that site is a reliable source of current information any more. I am not certain if this one is accurate either, but I do know that it is at least newer than the AIRS list since somebody made it to attempt to address the issue we are talking about. http://www.aircooledrescue.com/
1971 Karmann Ghia - 1600 DP
1984 Westfalia - 1.9 WBX

whc03grady
IAC Addict!

Post by whc03grady » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:33 pm

sped372 wrote:I gave up trying to get updated. I don't think that site is a reliable source of current information any more.
x2. I've tried changing my info every time I've moved since 2006 without success. Anyone relying on it does so at their peril.
Ludwig--1974 Westfalia, 2.0L (GD035193), Solex 34PDSIT-2/3 carburetors.
Gertie--1971 Squareback, 1600cc with Bosch D-Jetronic fuel injection from a '72 (E brain).
Read about their adventures:
http://www.ludwigandgertie.blogspot.com

Hobug
Getting Hooked!

Post by Hobug » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:29 pm

http://www.aircooledrescue.com/ Is the newest, most up-to-date resource currently. I am registered on it and have received a couple calls from it.
76 Westy
69 Squareback (auto)
63 Bug
73 Thing (Type 4 powered)

Emily's Owner
Old School!

Post by Emily's Owner » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:53 pm

A whole ton of us added ourselves to ACR when Chris first created it, and that site is easy to update ourselves so I'm current there - too bad AIRS isn't responding as I've gotten calls on it over the years, and even just posting a redirect link to the ACR and then taking it down would be helpful.
Margaret

Lead me not into temptation...... Oh hell, who are we kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut.

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

Post by tristessa » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:40 pm

The nice thing about the old AIRS format is that you could print it out, put it in your glovebox and have a handy list of names and numbers on-hand IF you had a problem no matter where you are. ACR, spiffy as it is, seems to require live 'net access, which can be problematic in places...
Remember, only YOU can prevent narcissism!

sped372
IAC Addict!

Post by sped372 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:37 pm

tristessa wrote:The nice thing about the old AIRS format is that you could print it out, put it in your glovebox and have a handy list of names and numbers on-hand IF you had a problem no matter where you are. ACR, spiffy as it is, seems to require live 'net access, which can be problematic in places...
Agreed. I mean you still *can* look up people ahead of time and print them but it's more labor-intensive. The fact that the info is more likely to be correct outweighs the inconvenience I guess.
1971 Karmann Ghia - 1600 DP
1984 Westfalia - 1.9 WBX