Why didn't I think of that?

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

hippiewannabe
Old School!

Why didn't I think of that?

Post by hippiewannabe » Tue May 05, 2015 9:55 pm

Like most of us who work on cars, my friend's dad got frustrated with losing the plastic straws that come with Gumout, PB Blaster, etc. But he came up with a solution. Little magnets with a slot in them to hold the straw to the side of the can. Apparently that magnetized plastic stuff they make refrigerator magnets from is cheap; in volume, these cost a few cents apiece, made in the USA. He hopes to sell a pack of a couple of them to stores for $.50, who will them resell them for $1. Unless WD40 or someone buys them out to make it an exclusive feature. Coming soon to a FLAPS near you.

Truth is like poetry.
And most people fucking hate poetry.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Why didn't I think of that?

Post by Amskeptic » Sun May 10, 2015 8:19 am

hippiewannabe wrote:Like most of us who work on cars, my friend's dad got frustrated with losing the plastic straws that come with Gumout, PB Blaster, etc. But he came up with a solution. Little magnets with a slot in them to hold the straw to the side of the can. Apparently that magnetized plastic stuff they make refrigerator magnets from is cheap; in volume, these cost a few cents apiece, made in the USA. He hopes to sell a pack of a couple of them to stores for $.50, who will them resell them for $1. Unless WD40 or someone buys them out to make it an exclusive feature. Coming soon to a FLAPS near you.
Great idea. I have a collection of 476 straws . . .
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles