Diet Coke Aspartame

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

weisswurst
Addicted!

Re: Diet Coke Aspartame

Post by weisswurst » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:53 am

Congrats Colin! I share your diet coke affliction as you know and prefer it to coffee in the morning. Hot beverages don't do much for me when I rise. Since reading your posts here I have cut down to three a day ( really hard since I was a 10-12 average especially when on the road) damn those wonderfully fountain giant cups at the truck stops!
I have one in the morning, one midday and one around dinner to help make sure I don't fall alseep in the easy chair ahead of the family. I do feel better and hope I can keep it up this new year!
Jeff
"I drink, therefore yes ma'am..."

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:02 am

FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND
unnecessary deaths caused by smoking cigarettes.

EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.

*DISCLAIMER:
In the USA.
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:33 pm

glasseye wrote:FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND

EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.

*DISCLAIMER:
In the USA.
Every one of them was/is going to die anyway. So are you.
What is your "cause" of death going to be?
Mine?
"tried to rebuild fuel pump with cell phone components in the desert, ran out water"
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:17 pm

April 2nd:
a total of 24 Diet Coke relapses due to two 12 pack purchases - how long before the effects of aspartame clear the system?
one major fukket cigarette pack relapse at 2nd engine pull and a couple of minor relapses sprinkled through out.
Colin

Mr Blotto
IAC Addict!

Post by Mr Blotto » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:52 pm

Hi All - just lettin ya know that this here thread led to me getting 45-60 minutes of cardio 5-6 times per week and the elimination of the following from my diet about 2 months ago :
-caffein
-all soda/pop
-all artificial sweeteners
-processed sugars

I now have more energy (and maintain it during the day), am sleeping better, have less mood swings, and shed some weight.

Thanks!
1978 Sage Green Westy - 2.0 FI - SOLD WITH 109887 miles :-(

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:27 am

Mr Blotto wrote:Hi All - just lettin ya know that this here thread led to me getting 45-60 minutes of cardio 5-6 times per week and the elimination of the following from my diet about 2 months ago :
-caffeine
-all soda/pop
-all artificial sweeteners
-processed sugars

I now have more energy (and maintain it during the day), am sleeping better, have less mood swings, and shed some weight.

Thanks!
I need to start focusing more seriously. I have "cheated" recklessly and must be ready for the grueling heat, the long days, the recalcitrant bolts. My muscle tone right now approximates a jelly fish.

In 2003, my first official Itinerary season, I used to knock out 25 chin-ups on various tree branches at rest stops. I would run a mile or two every other morning, and I weighed 145 lbs. Now, I weigh 160 here in the pre-season laze, can barely do 25 push-ups, won't even try chin ups in public, and can barely run a 1/4 mile without getting winded. This will not do!
Porkin
(so thank you for your thank-you that motivates me a bit more to earn your thanks for motivating you)

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:04 am

Told you so. My sugar intakes tend to be carbs, liquid bread. I've never had a taste for the artificial. Sheesh, saccharin scares of my youth. Every descendant of chemically induced carb free sweetening just tastes chemically to me, from saccharin forward. But then, soft drinks in general have been void in my life. I just don't do them. "Just some water would be fine."

Ok, I do have a weakness for unabated needle in arm high fructose binges on occasion, but I never respect myself the next morning, and the frequency of those binges dwindles. A Hostess product has not passed my lips since they declared bankruptcy to bust their unionized workforce. It used to be a guilty pleasure. A couple of cupcakes, cream filled. Oooo, the seductively presented in foil wrap, also cream filled, chocolate encased Ding Dongs were my siren call as a junk food junkie in denial of my addiction.

Every time I succumb to that siren call, I regret it.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Mr Blotto
IAC Addict!

Post by Mr Blotto » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:11 am

ruckman101 wrote:A couple of cupcakes, cream filled. Oooo, the seductively presented in foil wrap, also cream filled, chocolate encased Ding Dongs were my siren call as a junk food junkie in denial of my addiction.
What? No Hostess Snowballs? Suszie Qs?? Apple Pies??? And what about the elusive Pudding Pies???? :bounce: :bounce:
1978 Sage Green Westy - 2.0 FI - SOLD WITH 109887 miles :-(

72Hardtop
Old School!

Post by 72Hardtop » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:28 pm

glasseye wrote:FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND

EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.

*DISCLAIMER:
In the USA.

Smoking rate/s are much higher in Asian countries such as China, Japan etc...and yet they live much longer than us here in the US. While I don't smoke I'm a believer that there is far more to it than just smoking...something science has not yet even begun to understand nor likely ever will.
1972 Westy tintop
2056cc T-4 - 7.8:1 CR
Weber 40mm Duals - 47.5idles, 125mains, F11 tubes, 190 Air corr., 28mm Vents
96mm AA Biral P/C's w/Hastings rings
42x36mm Heads (AMC- Headflow Masters) w/Porsche swivel adjusters
71mm Stroke
Web Cam 73 w/matched Web lifters
S&S 4-1 exhaust w/Walker 17862 quiet-pack
Pertronix SVDA w/Pertronix module & Flamethrower 40K coil (7* initial 28* total @3200+)
NGK BP6ET plugs
002 3 rib trans
Hankook 185R14's

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:40 pm

72Hardtop wrote: Smoking rate/s are much higher in Asian countries such as China, Japan etc...and yet they live much longer than us here in the US. While I don't smoke I'm a believer that there is far more to it than just smoking...something science has not yet even begun to understand nor likely ever will.
Their diets are certainly healthier. Obesity I think triggers the worst effects of smoking. Obesity is growing rapidly in China and Japan and South Korea, and that will I think increase their morbidity mortality?
Colin
(I have had sporatic relapses all spring, we'll see if the open road helps me regain the crisp commitment)

Hobug
Getting Hooked!

Post by Hobug » Mon May 04, 2015 7:10 am

Amskeptic wrote:
72Hardtop wrote: (I have had sporatic relapses all spring, we'll see if the open road helps me regain the crisp commitment)
Apparently not! :dontknow:
76 Westy
69 Squareback (auto)
63 Bug
73 Thing (Type 4 powered)

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon May 04, 2015 5:34 pm

Hobug wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:
72Hardtop wrote: (I have had sporatic relapses all spring, we'll see if the open road helps me regain the crisp commitment)
Apparently not! :dontknow:
Squealer! (I had a cigarette at jimbear's house)
Where's your photographs and commentary from the jimbear visit?
Colin :blackeye: