I just bought my first Westfalia, again!

Bus, Microbus, Transporter, Station Wagon, Vanagon, Camper, Pick-Up.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

vistacruzer
IAC Addict!

Re: I just bought my first Westfalia, again!

Post by vistacruzer » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:32 pm

mike is your interior more blue or green? i have a bunch of the green plaid if you need
71 bench 1915
70 wide lowered body rag top 2056 type4 DTM nothing stock if I could touch it.
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Mike Boell
Old School!

Post by Mike Boell » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:33 pm

71vistacruzer wrote:mike is your interior more blue or green? i have a bunch of the green plaid if you need
71vistacruzer,
Will you be at the lab tonight?
My interior is considered the blue plaid.
If it's handy though, bring it with you. The corner of my drivers seat needs a patch and i might be able use some.
Thanks
Mike
Mike Boell
1975 FI Westy
Oregon City

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN THEY'RE PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

Post by IFBwax » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:06 pm

Mike what a great thread. Can't wait to see your bus at Nehalem. What an incredible job you've done!!!! You should be very proud.
The best navigators aren't sure where they're going until they get there. And then they're still not sure.

Frank Bama

http://www.partypickle.blogspot.com

Mike Boell
Old School!

Post by Mike Boell » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:28 pm

IFBwax wrote:Mike what a great thread. Can't wait to see your bus at Nehalem. What an incredible job you've done!!!! You should be very proud.
Thank you.
It has been quit a commitment. I am hoping to have the original stripes added this week. I ordered the vinyl stripes from a company called auto trim design in SE Portland. Before I had Willy do the body and paint work I had Auto Trim match the colors and I layed out a template for where they go.
Can't wait.
Tonight I wired in the rear sterio speakers.
I am so ready to start driving it again.
Of coarse now that I am ready, the weather is go to be rainy.
Mike
Mike Boell
1975 FI Westy
Oregon City

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN THEY'RE PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

itlives
I'm New!

Post by itlives » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:11 am

Hey Mike, this is the guy you contacted on theSamba about the solar panel stuff.
Great thread and bang-up job you've done!!

BTW- I have a green privacy curtain that is in almost prefect condition. Let me know if you want it. my wife had a '78 Westy but we sold it. Just a few things left from it. Do you want a spare EFI fuel pump for real cheap.
I'm really not here to sell stuff -LOL! I'm getting rid of my "stock" an would like it to go to deserving individuals.
PM me if you're interested.

Looking forward to seeing your solar set-up!