The Craigslist Bus Thread

Bus, Microbus, Transporter, Station Wagon, Vanagon, Camper, Pick-Up.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

MeyerII
IAC Addict!

Post by MeyerII » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:58 pm

Here's one from TS that was brought to my attention:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/ ... ?id=574112

It seems like an unusually good deal for the right person. Granted, the engine might be slag, but $1500 for a rolling westy shell with all the goodies is easily worth it.

Corporations are not people.

Money is not speech.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:35 pm

"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:51 pm

dahyum, that's a steal.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

MConverse
Getting Hooked!

Post by MConverse » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:29 am

In San Diego -

Very nice looking '71 for 1800

Already restored '69 with some camper interior for 5k

'74 Adventurewagon for 3.2k

whc03grady
IAC Addict!

Post by whc03grady » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:09 am

Ludwig--1974 Westfalia, 2.0L (GD035193), Solex 34PDSIT-2/3 carburetors.
Gertie--1971 Squareback, 1600cc with Bosch D-Jetronic fuel injection from a '72 (E brain).
Read about their adventures:
http://www.ludwigandgertie.blogspot.com

calivw78
Getting Hooked!

Post by calivw78 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:04 pm

LiveonJG wrote:Image

First thing that came to my mind was: Giant Golf Cart.
I test drove the Pinz 712 (6x6) and if you look at the vids on youtube, it easily makes an h1 look like it should be in the kids sandbox. At a serious fraction of the cost too.
Peace, Troy
www.calivw78.com
-----------------
'74 Deluxe Westy (Vandejo)
'78 Transporter (Buster)

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:38 pm

Keep it acoustic.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:43 pm

LiveonJG wrote:One more from Yoojean:

http://eugene.craigslist.org/car/586665773.html

-John
He is smart, not putting a phone number or email address on there.
Dual stove, icebox, pump sink, fold out bed. Runs well. $1600 or best reasonable offer. email with phone number and I will call you to set up a time to check it out.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!

Post by LiveonJG » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:05 pm

Sylvester wrote:He is smart, not putting a phone number or email address on there.
Dual stove, icebox, pump sink, fold out bed. Runs well. $1600 or best reasonable offer. email with phone number and I will call you to set up a time to check it out.
Are you familiar with the craigslist? Up at top, right under the title is a "Reply to:" link. Click it and you can send the seller an email. They do it that way so you don't have to post a phone number or personal email address.

Come on Sly, it's so easy a dog could figure it out. :joker:

-John
Keep it acoustic.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:30 pm

LiveonJG wrote:Are you familiar with the craigslist? Up at top, right under the title is a "Reply to:" link. Click it and you can send the seller an email. They do it that way so you don't have to post a phone number or personal email address.

-John
Cut the cool cat some slack, John. I was being direct by saying that is how you post something on CL. If you do put your cell number or email address on there, hoo boy. It is spambalamba time with your ISP shutting down your email account because you got mega megabytes of email! Good thing I stopped writing technical descriptions huh?
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!

Post by LiveonJG » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:29 pm

Sylvester wrote:
LiveonJG wrote:Are you familiar with the craigslist? Up at top, right under the title is a "Reply to:" link. Click it and you can send the seller an email. They do it that way so you don't have to post a phone number or personal email address.

-John
Cut the cool cat some slack, John. I was being direct by saying that is how you post something on CL. If you do put your cell number or email address on there, hoo boy. It is spambalamba time with your ISP shutting down your email account because you got mega megabytes of email! Good thing I stopped writing technical descriptions huh?
Ohhhh, I get it. I, by nature, assumed sarcasm. Apology for the gentle ribbin'.

-John
Keep it acoustic.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:37 pm

I was actually going to take a look at that bus. It's a Safare, I like those.

There is a steal of a '79 transporter on PDX craigslist, but I won't tell you how to "find" it. It's gonna be mine... :king:
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:00 pm

DjEep wrote:There is a steal of a '79 transporter on PDX craigslist, but I won't tell you how to "find" it. It's gonna be mine... :king:
Getting that new business started, eh?!
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI