just checked out the classifieds on the samba...yikes!

Bus, Microbus, Transporter, Station Wagon, Vanagon, Camper, Pick-Up.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

just checked out the classifieds on the samba...yikes!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:53 pm

$7k for non running buses that need total resto? Heck, mine may have toasted heads, but it sure runs good! It also has OG paint and all of the little Westy goodies like the curtains, cot, stool, table(s). Think I'm gonna have to show it a little more love...

PS .. no, it's not for sale. :flower:
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

wcfvw69
Old School!

Re: just checked out the classifieds on the samba...yikes!

Post by wcfvw69 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:27 am

TrollFromDownBelow wrote:$7k for non running buses that need total resto? Heck, mine may have toasted heads, but it sure runs good! It also has OG paint and all of the little Westy goodies like the curtains, cot, stool, table(s). Think I'm gonna have to show it a little more love...

PS .. no, it's not for sale. :flower:
I believe it on the pricing. I personally think the prices rising for our bays is a good thing as long as they don't rise to the stupid level of split screens. I'm am continually SHOCKED at the amount of attention my 70' Westfalia gets when I'm out with it. Peace signs, thumbs up, "is it for sale" questions, etc.. What's even more cool to me is the amount of young kids from HS age to 20 somethings that all tell me they want one and know exactly what it is.

There's not too many iconic classic vehicles from the 60's and 70's that are so well known and beloved as a VW bus.
1970 Westfalia bus. Stock 1776 dual port type 1 engine. Restored German Solex 34-3. Restored 205Q distributor, restored to factory appearance engine.

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:32 am

wcfvw69 wrote:.... What's even more cool to me is the amount of young kids from HS age to 20 somethings that all tell me they want one and know exactly what it is.
Yeah! I've noticed that too! That really surprised me; back in the day when I was that age they were considered kinda 'square' and dorky...
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.

wcfvw69
Old School!

Post by wcfvw69 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:09 am

TrollFromDownBelow wrote:
wcfvw69 wrote:.... What's even more cool to me is the amount of young kids from HS age to 20 somethings that all tell me they want one and know exactly what it is.
Yeah! I've noticed that too! That really surprised me; back in the day when I was that age they were considered kinda 'square' and dorky...
I agree. Things have changed and they are now super cool vehicles that these kids are seeing in all kinds of advertising. They see the "adventure" side of getting an old bus and doing road trips while camping in it, building memories. The other thing that's cool is how many 20 somethings want to rent a decent bus as a backdrop for their wedding photos, even though they don't own a VW..
1970 Westfalia bus. Stock 1776 dual port type 1 engine. Restored German Solex 34-3. Restored 205Q distributor, restored to factory appearance engine.

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:59 pm

wcfvw69 wrote:.... The other thing that's cool is how many 20 somethings want to rent a decent bus as a backdrop for their wedding photos, even though they don't own a VW..
And forgive me if I've told this story on this forum before ...

That reminds of a Kid Rock Concert we attended in the bus about 4 years ago at Pine Knob (it's called DTE Energy now, but everyone from my generation still calls it Pine Knob). My wife, sister in law and her BF got there as soon as the facility opened so we could do a little tail gating, and since we got there so early we were pretty close the main gates, so had a lot of passers by. About every 15-20 minutes a different group of comely young ladies in their early 20's that thought it was so cool, they all wanted to get inside of it, and have their pictures taken with it .

There were two young guys in their early twenties tailgating right next to us, observing all of this activity. After about 2 hours of this, one of the guys looks over at me incredulously, and said "Dang, you get more @ss than a public toilet seat!" The four of us had a good laugh over this.

Oh, and as for wedding pics, there are some of my wedding posted in one of these forums (yes with the bus).

Cheers,
Mike
1976 VW Bus aka tripod

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:36 am

TrollFromDownBelow wrote:
What that means is we were well ahead of our time.
I had to park my new-to-me-Road Warrior next to that cool kid's bass boat sparkle blue Datsun 240Z at UConn.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles