Bus makes a good 'home office'

Bus, Microbus, Transporter, Station Wagon, Vanagon, Camper, Pick-Up.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Bus makes a good 'home office'

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:36 pm

Decided to work from home today for various reasons, however, my teenaged daughter also had several of her friends over too. I live in a 1100 sq ft house with a neurotic German Shepard that feels the need to bark at every blowing leaf. Needless to say, this was not going to be conducive to a productive work environment.

So, went out into the garage, setup the little westy table, kicked back on the westy bench seat, and I must say it made for a comfortable and productive work environment....and I would add, quiet too. :flower:
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...not leaky, and not so noisy...and she runs awesome!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Re: Bus makes a good 'home office'

Post by Lanval » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:17 pm

Used mine this way many times while teaching at different community colleges. I had dishes and food, so I could go to the morning class, then go back out and make lunch, grade for awhile, maybe take a nap up top. Set the alarm, and back to the afternoon class fed and refreshed. Urban Westy Life.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Bus makes a good 'home office'

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:51 pm

I love hearing about the creative uses for our VWs. I like the aesthetic inside a VW. I have ever since that first moonlit night in the Road Warrior where its white interior was awash in brilliant soft light.
ColinCampingInTheMoonlightTonightTexasStyle
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles