In the spirit of updates:
I managed to find some original NOS Solex PDSIT gaskets -- I'm curious as to the thickness of the originals. They're in the mail, we'll find out soon. I'm still at 14-14.5mm floats and am running a tad lean with a slight off-idle hesitation. I've also ordered another set of NOS 1.2mm needle valves, and another set of aftermarket 7gram floats that appear to have a bendable bracket. Will try to get the float into the 12-14mm spec when the parts arrive.
1. Have brake booster rebuilt. It's currently disconnected.
2. My clutch pedal has stopped returning all the way -- have to pull the last inch or so out with my toe! If I just side slip the clutch (while in neutral of course) it does return all the way making that nice thumping sound when the rubber grommet makes contact. Maybe just need to grease components?
3. Surface rust treatment in the rear quarter vents. One year at the beach is taking its toll. Going to just spray with an encapsulator since its very hard to reach in there.
4. Remove all dealer installed AC components. Big-fugly-plastic-under-dash-component, hoses, and under-carriage components which, as Colin puts it, really hurts the animals after you run over them.
5. Apply rubberized under-coating
6. Install some Dakota Digital gauges (CHT, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure?)
Also installed some mudflaps!