4/81 westy

All Vanagon Parts

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

4/81 westy

Post by skin daddio » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:44 pm

i have a yellow westy that is not getting picked up whole so it might get picked a part. camping and seats are gone. excellent body straight, doors, glass, engine and tranny remain. not time to fiddle with the little stuff but your free to help yourself. pm your interest in parts or total.

werksberg
Old School!

Post by werksberg » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:00 am

It might help to state where you are located as "sitting in Heaven" doesn't do anything....
Facebook for new product releases and special deals: Werks Berg
http://stores.ebay.com/werksberg
Search the Samba under werksberg for our products on sale there too....but order direct on here for a special IAC shipping savings
SOS: Support Our Shops....
werksberg@sbcglobal.net

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:19 pm

AwwwwGeez....What'n da heck do I need....

Yer in Eugene right? Maybe John can help me out if'n we can agree on prices...

Horn actuator ring (under the steering wheel) as well as the little tab that mounts on the plate that the ring contacts....

Does it have shoulder belts on the back?
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:19 pm

check gypsy. not sure on shoulder belts, that got overlooked. i have some other tiddy bits set aside for locals and forumistas. when this becomes clear the vanny is going to die in a crush, i'll make the best attempt to put it by the late autumn fire.

in case there are questions i am selling the bus for a friend of mine. its best for all it gets gone whole.

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:07 am

vanagon was brought to my house to use a shed. it has to stay dry inside for this winter/spring. everything except doors and handles, windows, poptop and canvas are expendable now. if your in the neighborhood, picky picky.

drewniverse
I'm New!

Re:

Post by drewniverse » Wed May 18, 2011 8:14 pm

skin daddio wrote:vanagon was brought to my house to use a shed. it has to stay dry inside for this winter/spring. everything except doors and handles, windows, poptop and canvas are expendable now. if your in the neighborhood, picky picky.
Hi! I realize this is an older post, but would you still have the ECU in the parted out vanagon?

Specifically with this #

071-906-021B
1982 VW Vanagon Westfalia w/ 2.0L and manual transmission
Upgrades : 80watt Sharp solar panel and 2 deep cycle batteries -- 2000/4000w Peak Inverter -- Pioneer DVD/mp3/ipod deck and 10" screen

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Re: 4/81 westy

Post by skin daddio » Wed May 18, 2011 10:11 pm

i offered the bus as it to a friend. let's see if he take up the offer in a few weeks.

drewniverse
I'm New!

Re: 4/81 westy

Post by drewniverse » Wed May 18, 2011 10:59 pm

skin daddio wrote:i offered the bus as it to a friend. let's see if he take up the offer in a few weeks.
Oh alright. Yeah I need to find one as soon as I can, the computer on my 82 is screwed and I really need one.. Thanks anyways.
1982 VW Vanagon Westfalia w/ 2.0L and manual transmission
Upgrades : 80watt Sharp solar panel and 2 deep cycle batteries -- 2000/4000w Peak Inverter -- Pioneer DVD/mp3/ipod deck and 10" screen