Ok, now is a 1970 Convertable Ghia Resto thread...

Beetle, Karmann Ghia, Thing.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

vwlover77
IAC Addict!

Post by vwlover77 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:13 pm

Bleyseng wrote:Didn't get anything done today I had planned but the Ghia drives better.
:cheers:
A perfect day, then! :cheers:
Don

---------------------------
78 Westy
71 Super Beetle Convertible Autostick

"When we let our compassion go, we let go of whatever claim we have to the divine." - Bruce Springsteen

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:06 am

Finally the drivers side window seal works fine without leaking or air blowing on my neck.
The BusDepot H4 came so I installed em after a run to the hardware store to replace all the rusted out small screws so the headlites wouldn't fall out. Wow, they really helped to light up the road so I can see finally. Nice deal!
Washed and waxed the Ghia on Friday and we had to run a bit. Damn, everywhere we went people were pointing at us and giving us the thumbs up sign!
Weirdest one was at 6pm we were driving to go to a friends house out on the freeway to 130th and got off going West. Some guy was tailgating me to no end with his damn headlites blasting into my eyes and then we turned off onto the street we needed to go down and I pulled over to let him pass. But no he pulls next to me and rolls down his window and starts telling my he got a 69 1/2 Ghia coupe but it needs a ton of work and just had to follow me cuz mine looked so good for inspiration to finish his!! Great, here I was thinking this nut job that was following me for some other crazy reason, oh well.
The 12 yr old son of the friend took a start up movie to post on Youtube of the Ghia. The kid LOVES the car for some reason and all he can talk about is the Ghia which he did all thru dinner...sigh.
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:06 am

Did a tune up on Sunday and the Ghia runs much better. Was developing a hard to start issue which disappeared with the tune up. Runs better cold too.
I would love to find the time to remove and reinstall the engine before we leave to sort out a few engine details. CV's need to be cleaned, one new boot installed and regreased too. Engine bay needs to be cleaned up and made so its air tight so the engine exhaust heat doesn't get sucked up into the cooling fan. Engine tin is bent up so it doesn't fit the seal correctly...Lots of little issues that keep me from driving it say Portland.
I am going to install a extra VDO CHT in the clock spot to keep and eye on engine temps.
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/