Ghia Spotting

Beetle, Karmann Ghia, Thing.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Ghia Spotting

Post by ruckman101 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:28 pm

Driving up to Seattle on I-5, on the east side just north of the Cowlitz River, I spot two Ghias on flatbeds.

So, made the stop heading back to Portland and gave them a gander. Projects for sure. A '58 lowlight in surprisingly could be much worse shape, but wrong wheels and 1600 dp in it. The other, a '59 convertible in rough shape, but stock engine that was running.

Dude said he had a replacement roof piece for the '58, as a tree had dropped on it. Didn't ask what he wanted for the roof piece. He was solid on his prices, and isn't interested in chatting up folks, like ourselves, just looking, although....

$2,500 for the '58, $4,500 for the '59.

Ahhh, to dream.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Ghia Spotting

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:07 pm

ruckman101 wrote:Driving up to Seattle on I-5, on the east side just north of the Cowlitz River, I spot two Ghias on flatbeds.

So, made the stop heading back to Portland and gave them a gander. Projects for sure. A '58 lowlight in surprisingly could be much worse shape, but wrong wheels and 1600 dp in it. The other, a '59 convertible in rough shape, but stock engine that was running.

Dude said he had a replacement roof piece for the '58, as a tree had dropped on it. Didn't ask what he wanted for the roof piece. He was solid on his prices, and isn't interested in chatting up folks, like ourselves, just looking, although....

$2,500 for the '58, $4,500 for the '59.

Ahhh, to dream.

neal
I blew past a gorgeous 1971 orange Karmann Ghia convertible in satisfyingly stock condition two days ago on I-85. Now he knows these buses can do 75 all the way from New York :compress:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

RSorak 71Westy
IAC Addict!

Post by RSorak 71Westy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:31 pm

I saw a Ghia vert for sale the other day it was a '74 and had a type 1 single port that ran poorly but the body of this car was very solid. They were askin $8K
Take care,
Rick
Stock 1600 w/dual Solex 34's and header. mildly ported heads and EMPI elephant's feet. SVDA W/pertronix. 73 Thing has been sold. BTW I am a pro wrench have been fixing cars for living for over 30 yrs.