floor carpet patterns.

Beetle, Karmann Ghia, Thing.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

floor carpet patterns.

Post by Gypsie » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:23 pm

Anyone know where I can find a pattern layout to cut a carpet piece for a 69 bug?

I have this friend, see. He don't cotton to the computer, see. Wants to make a new carpet mat for his bug, see.

I'll keep checking in.
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....

static
IAC Addict!

Post by static » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:09 am

Rather than just getting a good one from a wrecking yard he wants to re-invent the wheel, eh?

I don't have that, but I do have the measurements to make a Beetle back seat area into a sleeping platform
(sort of a "poor man's Westy").

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:04 am

Gypsie, I remember Mr. Blotto had access to a plotter where he could print out patterns. I don't remember
the details but he had a place where I could get the actual pattern and then he could print it. I had asked
about Phred, but maybe his place has Beetle patterns too? :flower: I looked and don't still have the link so
maybe pm him?
1974 T1 Super Beetle "Fweem"
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

"Love something? Serve it."
~Roshni Mitra

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:53 am

The carpet is kind of weird, lots of strange shapes. He'd be better off getting one from a junker and tracing it.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:57 am

He has a "homeboy job" in there right now. It' doesnt come up the sides (around the little door roundy thingies, (so technical!). I suggested that he take the one he has now and get a scrap piece of material (el cheapo indoor outdoor) to make a pattern with. He can then leave overage to press the carpet into the nooks and crannies and come up with a "mock up" pattern for the final layout.

He has a particular carpet in mind.

I was inquiring because I'm a lazy sob when it comes to looking for someone elses solution. Just hoping there would be one ready made.
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....