it's ORANGE!!

Beetle, Karmann Ghia, Thing.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

vwlover77
IAC Addict!

Re: it's ORANGE!!

Post by vwlover77 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:44 am

Beautiful car! How do your girls like riding in the back? I had the idealistic dream of a happy family of 4 cruising in my '71 Beetle convertible shattered by my two daughters when they were younger. At speeds over 35mph, any loose hair too short for their pony tails was blowing forward, beating their faces. The constant buffeting led to rousing choruses of "Daddy, put the top up! PLEASE!" that soon degraded to whining and crying. I think that may have had a direct impact on my decision to buy a Westy in 2005! :-)
Don

---------------------------
78 Westy
71 Super Beetle Convertible Autostick

"When we let our compassion go, we let go of whatever claim we have to the divine." - Bruce Springsteen

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:33 pm

vwlover77 wrote:Beautiful car! How do your girls like riding in the back? I had the idealistic dream of a happy family of 4 cruising in my '71 Beetle convertible shattered by my two daughters when they were younger. At speeds over 35mph, any loose hair too short for their pony tails was blowing forward, beating their faces. The constant buffeting led to rousing choruses of "Daddy, put the top up! PLEASE!" that soon degraded to whining and crying. I think that may have had a direct impact on my decision to buy a Westy in 2005! :-)
I am sorry to hear this Don . . . of course their hair is going to blast into their faces when they have to sit down in that cave, that air pocket down on the rear seats.

"Hey girls, stand UP, that will keep your hair blowing backwards . . . "

(its nice to slapdash once in a while . . . )

BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

vwlover77
IAC Addict!

Post by vwlover77 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:44 pm

Love it!!!
Don

---------------------------
78 Westy
71 Super Beetle Convertible Autostick

"When we let our compassion go, we let go of whatever claim we have to the divine." - Bruce Springsteen