Hello Betsy!

Beetle, Karmann Ghia, Thing.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Re: Hello Betsy!

Post by Bleyseng » Sun May 13, 2012 6:33 am

Its good to see another Ghia being fixed up with out being slammed!

Now that its spring time in Seattle and temps hit 70F I have the Ghia out driving around with the top down. Everywhere I go it draws attention and questions about what it is.
It is scary to drive it on the freeway with all these damn huge SUV's darting back and forth without turn signals!
Hopefully I can take some time next year to repaint it and repair the rust is has plus removing the bondo that is sure to be under its awful black paint. I plan on pulling the engine when I am
back in august and resealing it and powder coating all the tin.
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sun May 13, 2012 10:17 am

That's a purdy one! Betsy's paint is pretty bad too. She looks good on the passenger side from 20', but I'd like to get her redone someday. Maybe next tax day.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon May 21, 2012 9:08 am

Bleyseng wrote:Its good to see another Ghia being fixed up with out being slammed!

Now that its spring time in Seattle and temps hit 70F I have the Ghia out driving around with the top down.
Hopefully I can take some time next year to repaint it and repair the rust
Worth doing right. Old World Karmann craftsmen you know . . . make Maaco look bad.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:33 pm

But Maaco is such a bargain! They don't even charge you to paint the seals!
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?