Again, Raw food raid

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Again, Raw food raid

Post by steve74baywin » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:54 am

Couple articles and vid's from different sources.

http://blogs.ajc.com/bob-barr-blog/2011 ... producers/
In the latest example of raw police power, Rawesome Foods, a members-only health food store in Venice, California that specializes in raw milk and organic foods, recently was the target of just such a SWAT-style raid; this followed a year-long investigation by federal, state, and local authorities.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/0 ... 18971.html
Yesterday's raid on Rawesome Foods in Venice has some locals steaming. NaturalNews.tv has several interviews with Rawesome club members (including one with writer/actress Mariel Hemingway, granddaughter of Ernest), who are adrift without their raw dairy. One volunteer says authorities "raped" and "pillaged" Rawesome's supply, either carrying it away or dumping it in the street. Natural News' video also includes a tour of a sad-looking, empty walk-in fridge.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzlrSCqT ... ture=share

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Re: Again, Raw food raid

Post by steve74baywin » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:07 am

I love some of the comments in this vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... I1gvPmA_c8

One ladies says we need a citizens arrest, we need to arrest those raiding the club. Amen

static
IAC Addict!

Post by static » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:33 pm

It's a "members only" food co-op. In my opinion, the State (ie, the Government) has no compelling interest in what consenting adults put into their bodies. They are not protecting any minors with this and these are not food products for sale.

I, personally, believe in pasteurization, but I don't feel that those who don't should be punished. What other people eat is clearly none of my business.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:05 pm

Nuts, absolutely insane. What a waste of resources, all the way around.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:18 am

I'm divided on this. On the one hand, this latest co-op was given ample warning and time to get licensed, etc., but they thumbed their noses at the authorities and refused. It's hard to say what I would do in the same situation, since I'm not them and don't know much about their operations. But the flip side of the coin is... RAIDS? Over FOOD? We're not talking about someone issuing citations in-person, or even a couple policeman visiting the co-op to arrest a couple people. They are RAIDING these places with SWAT teams and guns drawn and handcuffing people over MILK. I mean, if that's okay with people, I don't know what to say.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:03 pm

it appears that rawsome organic foods may have been a complete scam -- records released yesterday show one of there major suppliers of chickens duck lamb beef eggs and goat milks with other dairy products was managed by Sharon Palmer of healthy family farms in ventura she was arrested and charged in the raid

she had been buying GMO fed commercial brown eggs and buying walmart beef chicken and dairy and then re packaging the products as raw and organic

been happening for years -- no wonder everyone insisted there goats milk taste just like cows milk

she would buy a tyson chicken spray it with lemon juice re package it and then charge 20 dollars for the bunko organic chicken

the few products they got from missouri and the amish were organic

the present owner that was charged stewart knew of the sham but just looked the other way --profits and greed

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:27 pm

Wow. That is sleaze. Deep fat fry them, no vegetable oil, good old fashioned lard.

Good to know it was more than just a raw milk issue.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Post by Lanval » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:37 pm

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:59 am

From I've been reading it could possibly be the usual BS you get from the government.
The farm claims the receipts the gov found is food bought to provide what was needed for commitments for fund raisers and charities and food given to their farm workers. All the food sold at the market under the guise of from there farm was actually from their farm. It reminds me of the stories I have read were they find a bag of weed in a house, and then find a box of baggies in the kitchen and then charge someone with selling weed. Even though the people can prove they put sandwiches in those bags and the police have no other reason to suspect them of dealing, they go ahead and charge them with everything they can to then get them to settle for some lessor crime. They plea bargain them down from 10 years for dealing, to excepting the 1 year for possession. This is exactly what I would expect from a group that uses guns to steal from everyone living in a geographical area. The government and law enforcement has a proven record of these things. I would be more apt to believe someone dedicating their life to providing good food any day over an agency with a record like our gov, an agency that uses guns to forces people to do their desire.

Here is a neat trailer to a movie.
http://farmageddonmovie.com/

Edited to add,
It appears the allegations of selling bought stuff as organic came from receipts found and there was no previous reason to believe she was doing such a thing. The reason listed on the warrant for the raids was selling raw dairy products. After finding receipts of them purchasing foods elsewhere, they make the allegations. Sounds like the same ole shit done by the criminal cartel that makes rules to keep itself in power.

Randy in Maine
IAC Addict!

Post by Randy in Maine » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:00 pm

Of course the beauty of our system is that 1) not only is every presumed to be innocent until proven guilty, but 2) you have to make the proof of guilty to "beyond a reasonable doubt" to a reasonable common man (which is basically more than a 95% upper confidence interval) for criminal convictions.

It is a difficult burden of proof to prove someone guilty before a reasoanble common man. The judge and jurors in criminal convictions are the "reasonable common man" here.
79 VW Bus

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:30 pm

Bottom line for me: armed policemen raided someone over FOOD. The commander who ordered that and the judge who signed the warrant are the true criminals.

Randy in Maine
IAC Addict!

Post by Randy in Maine » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:37 pm

All policemen are armed for a reason. They have to have probable cause to get a search warrant signed by a judge to conduct the search and to seize evidence.

In this case, nothing has been actually proven in a court of law. If they can convice the judge the seizure was illegal, that potential evidence will be tossed out.

Did any of you guys even have a Civics Class in High School? Ever watch Law and Order?
79 VW Bus

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:35 pm

I'm not saying they should or shouldn't be raided. In fact, I kind of feel like they were foolish to not heed the warnings they had gotten repeatedly from The Regulators. What I'm saying there is no need for the raid to look anything like this:

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=rawesome ... 9,r:4,s:18

Hmmm... I doubt that link will work but it's a security cam shot of a cop with his gun drawn on a suspect at Rawesome.

I actually didn't take a civics class in high school so if that has some bearing on this, enlighten me. I'm not sure what high school has to do with the condoned use of excessive force by policemen today though. :) I watch what's going on around me and one of the things I'm convinced of is that the police are far more heavy-handed than their job requires. Because one of ten billion speeders pull a gun and shoot a cop, the rest of us are treated like assholes every time we're pulled over.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:59 am

Randy in Maine wrote: If they can convice the judge the seizure was illegal, that potential evidence will be tossed out.

Ever watch Law and Order?
I've seen Law and Order, that is TV. If anything watching Law and Order won't help someone understand what it is really like.

I wonder how well the owners will survive when all that stuff is dumped out?
Yeah, they get their chance in court. Randy, I'm sorry, but that there is believing in a fairy tale of the past. They not only stop their means of income, put them in mega debt and or cash flow issues by throwing out all that inventory, they then add on a ton of charges. Talk to or read about real life cases, like the drug example I gave. They really do as a matter of regular practice threaten people with tons more than than what is right to get them to settle for something. They scare the shit out of them with charges that would result in life or close to it, then get them to agree to guilt of some of the lessor ones. THAT IS THE NORM. The state and Fed's have a huge bottomless account, thanks to them pointing guns at every citizens to get the money they need, and the printing of money out of nothing, and with this money and that they are experts at this, the people are doomed. The owners of that store are doomed by this government. I think watching shows like Law and Order has worked against you having sound judgment.

Edited to add

If they really are/were innocent until proven guilty, Why was there goods dumped out? Why has the store been shut down?. Yet another fine example of Doublethink. Seems to me the crime witnessed on camera was those thieves that raided the place in uniform and with guns who stole and damaged the property of innocent people. They are innocent until proven guilty, Right? War is peace.

Randy, you have taking on a big job defending the actions of this countries gov, practically an impossible task.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:22 am

See? You and I actually agree on some things, Steve. =) The one thing I don't agree with is the feds having endless funding for law enforcement. Just look at the medical marijuana thing. 16 states have now legalized medical marijuana and the DEA can't even begin to make a dent in the industry. They are forced to be very very selective about which offenders they go after. It's only the big fish, and only when their case is rock solid. Anyway, it's not a bottomless bank account. They're working on a budget, though they try to not say that publicly because it only encourages people to not be deathly afraid of them.

It's a very good point though that you are innocent until proven guilty and yet they destroy everything you have while your innocence or guilt is determined in court. Again, with medical marijuana, it's very commonplace (check the papers, it's weekly) for the police to raid a person who is perfectly legal, and who three months later will finally be found by a judge to have been operating within the law, but they still raid them, draw a gun on them and their family, destroy their garden, destroy their home, kill the plants and take thousands of dollars worth of property, interrupt their supply of/access to medicine... force them to go to court so a judge can go "actually, you were legal Mr Kellogg... your equipment is to be returned to you." IMO the police department who conducted that unjust raid should then have charges pressed against it. But that isn't allowed. How the hell is that right?