NASA says global warming due to CO2 bunk

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

RSorak 71Westy
IAC Addict!

NASA says global warming due to CO2 bunk

Post by RSorak 71Westy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:01 am

In short, the central premise of alarmist global warming theory is that carbon dioxide emissions should be directly and indirectly trapping a certain amount of heat in the earth's atmosphere and preventing it from escaping into space. Real-world measurements, however, show far less heat is being trapped in the earth's atmosphere than the alarmist computer models predict, and far more heat is escaping into space than the alarmist computer models predict.

From here http://news.yahoo.com/nasa-data-blow-ga ... 34971.html
Take care,
Rick
Stock 1600 w/dual Solex 34's and header. mildly ported heads and EMPI elephant's feet. SVDA W/pertronix. 73 Thing has been sold. BTW I am a pro wrench have been fixing cars for living for over 30 yrs.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Re: NASA says global warming due to CO2 bunk

Post by steve74baywin » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:40 am

Thanks for sharing. It will be interesting to see what happens or if it changes anything.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:11 am

We aren't hurting the planet then! Party on, dudes!

http://youtu.be/nGeXdv-uPaw

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:59 am

RSorak 71Westy wrote:In short, the central premise of alarmist global warming theory is that carbon dioxide emissions should be directly and indirectly trapping a certain amount of heat in the earth's atmosphere and preventing it from escaping into space. Real-world measurements, however, show far less heat is being trapped in the earth's atmosphere than the alarmist computer models predict, and far more heat is escaping into space than the alarmist computer models predict.

From here http://news.yahoo.com/nasa-data-blow-ga ... 34971.html
An article by the Heartland Institute -Free Market Solutions- James Taylor, who also wrote "God Wants You To Fight Global Warming" and "UN Considers Global Warming Military Force" with other articles nearby about those "damning emails" stolen from the IPCC report of years ago, is not where I seek my information.

I cannot find a reference to the author, Dr. Roy Spencer, a principal research scientist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville and U.S. Science Team Leader for the Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer flying on NASA's Aqua satellite at the International Journal of Remote Sensing.

Real-world measurements.
Alarmist computer models.
Real Fruit Flavor
Colin :geek:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

RSorak 71Westy
IAC Addict!

Post by RSorak 71Westy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:28 pm

I didnt research the source of this, but I know see its not from a reputable source.
Take care,
Rick
Stock 1600 w/dual Solex 34's and header. mildly ported heads and EMPI elephant's feet. SVDA W/pertronix. 73 Thing has been sold. BTW I am a pro wrench have been fixing cars for living for over 30 yrs.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:43 pm

Dr. Roy Spencer is one of the intelligent design folks.

Dr. Roy Spencer has also signed onto the Cornwall Alliance for the Stewardship of Creation's "An Evangelical Declaration on Global Warming".

The declaration states: "We believe Earth and its ecosystems — created by God’s intelligent design and infinite power and sustained by His faithful providence — are robust, resilient, self-regulating, and self-correcting, admirably suited for human flourishing, and displaying His glory. Earth's climate system is no exception."

http://www.cornwallalliance.org/article ... l-warming/

Most organizations that support his work are financed by large energy corporations.

Dr. Roy Spencer is not credible in my book.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

fred
I'm New!

Post by fred » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:11 pm

a previous article on a similar subject by the same two authors, plus two others John R. Christy Earth System Science Center, University of Alabama in Huntsville, and Justin Hnilo, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, has been peer reviewed by the following scientists- are they too unreliable?
Dessler, A. E. (2010), A Determination of the Cloud Feedback from Climate Variations over the Past Decade, Sci, 330(6010), 1523.
Douglass, David H.Christy, John R. (2009), Limits on CO<SUB>2</SUB> Climate Forcing From Recent Temperature Data of Earth, Energy & Environment, 20(1), 177.
Eschenbach, Willis (2010), The thunderstorm thermostat hypothesis: How clouds and thunderstorms control the Earth's temperature, Energy & Environment, 21(4), 201.
Horváth, Ákos, and Brian J. Soden (2008), Lagrangian Diagnostics of Tropical Deep Convection and Its Effect upon Upper-Tropospheric Humidity, J Clim, 21(5), 1013.
Keating, P. N. (2009), Simple radiative models for surface warming and upper-troposphere cooling, Int J Climatol, 29(11), 1525.
Mackey, Richard (2009), The Sun's Role in Regulating the Earth's Climate Dynamics, Energy & Environment, 20(1), 25.
Paltridge, Garth, Albert Arking, and Michael Pook (2009), Trends in middle- and upper-level tropospheric humidity from NCEP reanalysis data, Theor Appl Climatol, 98(3-4), 351.
Rondanelli, Roberto, and Richard S. Lindzen (2008), Observed variations in convective precipitation fraction and stratiform area with sea surface temperature, J Geophys Res, 113, D16119.
Sud, Y. C., G. K. Walker, Y. P. Zhou, Gavin A. Schmidt, K.-M. Lau, and Robert F. Cahalan (2008), Effects of doubled CO2 on tropical sea surface temperatures (SSTs) for onset of deep convection and maximum SST: Simulations based inferences, Geophys Res Lett, 35, L12707.
Wang, Jih-Wang, Ke Wang, Roger A. Pielke, John C. Lin, and Toshihisa Matsui (2008), Towards a robust test on North America warming trend and precipitable water content increase, Geophys Res Lett, 35, L18804.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds"
- Samuel Adams

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:48 pm

Presentation is a tad obtuse. Quite a wade of citations difficult to sort out. Are you suggesting these are the credentialed folks that signed on to the study to back the "peer reviewed" bona-fides?

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:14 am

When you guys determine culpability, can someone private message me? I gotta lot of partying to do and this climate change stuff is a total buzzkill, dude.