World to end on Saturday....

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

drewniverse
I'm New!

World to end on Saturday....

Post by drewniverse » Thu May 19, 2011 12:46 pm

Want me to watch your pets or your VW after you rapture? Awesome! =D>

Seriously though. I would like to stand out in front of some fringe lunatics house with horns, and leave a bunch of clothes on the ground out front. Like they weren't raptured.... I dunno, mean or not? haha... still be kind of funny...
1982 VW Vanagon Westfalia w/ 2.0L and manual transmission
Upgrades : 80watt Sharp solar panel and 2 deep cycle batteries -- 2000/4000w Peak Inverter -- Pioneer DVD/mp3/ipod deck and 10" screen

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Re: World to end on Saturday....

Post by steve74baywin » Thu May 19, 2011 1:44 pm

Yet another group saying this again?

drewniverse
I'm New!

Post by drewniverse » Thu May 19, 2011 1:49 pm

steve74baywin wrote:Yet another group saying this again?
Yep because "The bible guarantees it! Hu-yuk!" :rabbit:
Upgrades : 80watt Sharp solar panel and 2 deep cycle batteries -- 2000/4000w Peak Inverter -- Pioneer DVD/mp3/ipod deck and 10" screen

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Thu May 19, 2011 3:37 pm

drewniverse wrote:Want me to watch your pets or your VW after you rapture? Awesome! =D>

Seriously though. I would like to stand out in front of some fringe lunatics house with horns, and leave a bunch of clothes on the ground out front. Like they weren't raptured.... I dunno, mean or not? haha... still be kind of funny...
:laughing3: :thumbright: There's a sucker born every minute.......

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/05/18/a ... gment-day/
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Thu May 19, 2011 3:42 pm

Don't forget the toilet paper, you know we're going to need it.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Thu May 19, 2011 4:06 pm

Are we there yet?
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Thu May 19, 2011 6:14 pm

I'm scared. :pirate:
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Thu May 19, 2011 7:26 pm

Somebody asked me online what I planned on wearing for the "rapture" so I told them "something with flames to go with the decor" :pirate:
1974 T1 Super Beetle "Fweem"
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

"Love something? Serve it."
~Roshni Mitra

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Fri May 20, 2011 5:21 am

Tomorrow? I'd better finish laundry and dishes today then.
Seriously, the world (as we know it) could end tomorrow and I'm cool with that. (being one of the maybe 0.5% of US population that still really believes in a relationship with God/Jesus and all) but it gets me how these people keep coming up with specific dates over and over again.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Fri May 20, 2011 6:34 am

I actually found a video last night after seeing this thread.
It looks like it is an objective look, I'm not sure yet where the guy doing the video stands.
It is 1 hour 41 minutes long, I watched about 5 minutes last night.
I may watch the rest this afternoon when I get back.
The DoomsDay Code
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHk0N9mzPsk

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri May 20, 2011 8:17 am

drewniverse wrote:Want me to watch your pets or your VW after you rapture? Awesome! =D>

That would be perfect! =D> =D>
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Fri May 20, 2011 11:20 am

Hopefully the new replacement world will be better.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Fri May 20, 2011 1:01 pm

steve74baywin wrote:I actually found a video last night after seeing this thread.
It looks like it is an objective look, I'm not sure yet where the guy doing the video stands.
It is 1 hour 41 minutes long, I watched about 5 minutes last night.
I may watch the rest this afternoon when I get back.
The DoomsDay Code
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHk0N9mzPsk
I don't know if the vid is worth watching. For one it was made before 2006, I hoping more recent.

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Fri May 20, 2011 1:54 pm

I have a friend that was raised Seventh Day Adventist. He was reared on a daily diet of scripture and prophesy including the Rapture. One day after school he came home and no one was there. Mom was gone, his brothers and the neighbors. In his young mind he became convinced the rapture had come and he'd been left behind. Can you imagine a child trying to understand what sin committed could have been so severe as to have been left behind? He told me he just waited like a good boy for the chaos that was to follow. Turned out his brother had hurt himself and had to go to the ER. Mom didn't drive so the neighbor took them. In the panic they forgot to leave him a note. What a frightening experience that must have been.

drewniverse
I'm New!

Post by drewniverse » Fri May 20, 2011 2:31 pm

RussellK wrote:I have a friend that was raised Seventh Day Adventist. He was reared on a daily diet of scripture and prophesy including the Rapture. One day after school he came home and no one was there. Mom was gone, his brothers and the neighbors. In his young mind he became convinced the rapture had come and he'd been left behind. Can you imagine a child trying to understand what sin committed could have been so severe as to have been left behind? He told me he just waited like a good boy for the chaos that was to follow. Turned out his brother had hurt himself and had to go to the ER. Mom didn't drive so the neighbor took them. In the panic they forgot to leave him a note. What a frightening experience that must have been.
It always saddens and sickens me when I hear things like that. Children have active enough imaginations as it is, I couldn't imagine doing something like that to a child.

I was given a choice growing up, I went to bible school not to learn how Jesus saved me but to learn what was in it. After consideration and actual study I came to the conclusion that religious text was old world information that doesn't apply to modern day. There are certain moral implications I am fond of, however there are other moral implications that I find completely absurd if not outright disgusting.

In short, I feel if you close a child's mind and narrow it so profoundly to the point he/she can't make their own decisions -- then you absolutely failed as a parent.