World to end on Saturday....

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Re: World to end on Saturday....

Post by RussellK » Fri May 20, 2011 2:42 pm

Fortunately my friend bears no permanent scars from the experience and finds humor in telling the story. As a side note. That whole religious thing was over once he heard rock and roll.

drewniverse
I'm New!

Post by drewniverse » Fri May 20, 2011 2:46 pm

RussellK wrote:Fortunately my friend bears no permanent scars from the experience and finds humor in telling the story. As a side note. That whole religious thing was over once he heard rock and roll.
I have a friend as well, who was grown up Mormon with the whole 3 wives thing and tons of brothers/sisters. First time we smoked pot together I remember him telling me "Life is too short, I need to get the hell out of that place..." 3 weeks later he moved out, married an awesome woman a couple years later and now has 2 daughters. He hasn't been back to church since.
1982 VW Vanagon Westfalia w/ 2.0L and manual transmission
Upgrades : 80watt Sharp solar panel and 2 deep cycle batteries -- 2000/4000w Peak Inverter -- Pioneer DVD/mp3/ipod deck and 10" screen

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Fri May 20, 2011 6:25 pm

Religion ruins a lot of relationships with God. Crazy people some of them.

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Fri May 20, 2011 6:35 pm

Hippie wrote:Religion ruins a lot of relationships with God. Crazy people some of them.
Religion ruins a lot of things. Spirituality is another story. I've meet some really cool "religious" people that were everything the "go to church on Sunday" crowd are not. Pretty cool. I'm still looking for what makes sense. Rapture notwithstanding, I'm off to watch my little sister graduate from SFSU Saturday, so it'll be a great day. I will, however, be quite shocked if Scotty starts beaming up people.
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Sat May 21, 2011 7:18 am

10:17 EST time Saturday and all quiet on the Eastern Front.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sat May 21, 2011 11:00 am

Is it 6 pm in New Zealand yet?

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Sat May 21, 2011 12:19 pm

Does god recognize time zones?
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Sat May 21, 2011 4:56 pm

steve74baywin wrote:
steve74baywin wrote:I actually found a video last night after seeing this thread.
It looks like it is an objective look, I'm not sure yet where the guy doing the video stands.
It is 1 hour 41 minutes long, I watched about 5 minutes last night.
I may watch the rest this afternoon when I get back.
The DoomsDay Code
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHk0N9mzPsk
I don't know if the vid is worth watching. For one it was made before 2006, I hoping more recent.
Yesterday I was at 10 minutes into this vid. I have stop and started probably 10 times, I am at 20 minutes now. Not that interesting, but coincidental enough, I think the direction they are going is down the conspiracy road.

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Sat May 21, 2011 7:17 pm

Ritter wrote:
Hippie wrote:Religion ruins a lot of relationships with God. Crazy people some of them.
Religion ruins a lot of things. Spirituality is another story. I've meet some really cool "religious" people that were everything the "go to church on Sunday" crowd are not. Pretty cool. I'm still looking for what makes sense. Rapture notwithstanding, I'm off to watch my little sister graduate from SFSU Saturday, so it'll be a great day. I will, however, be quite shocked if Scotty starts beaming up people.
Well said. I know some good "church" people too, but many of them...they leave out the key point: God loves us.

Well only a few hours left. I didn't get the lawn mowed. Maybe one of you pot smokin' heathens can mow it for me after I'm gone. heehee

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Sun May 22, 2011 6:54 am

Hippie wrote:
Ritter wrote:
Well said. I know some good "church" people too, but many of them...they leave out the key point: God loves us.

Well only a few hours left. I didn't get the lawn mowed. Maybe one of you pot smokin' heathens can mow it for me after I'm gone. heehee
Can I move in?

BTW. I enjoyed the posting about people who actually did make it through that upbringing.

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Sun May 22, 2011 7:35 am

steve74baywin wrote: Can I move in?

BTW. I enjoyed the posting about people who actually did make it through that upbringing.
Sure, but looks like I'll have to mow my own lawn now. I don't see anybody missing in my neighborhood. :cyclopsani:

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Sun May 22, 2011 8:50 am

Hippie wrote:
steve74baywin wrote: Can I move in?

Sure, but looks like I'll have to mow my own lawn now. I don't see anybody missing in my neighborhood. :cyclopsani:
Well, keep mowing it. Someday maybe, at least if I move in there will be someone closer to "hippie" living there.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun May 22, 2011 8:58 am

Mayor Bloomberg in NYC had a humorous spin on it. "We will suspend alternate side of the street parking regulations if the end of the world actually occurs."
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Sun May 22, 2011 9:23 am

I am still here and glad I didn't go to Heaven with all those nut jobs........
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Mon May 23, 2011 5:50 am

Bleyseng wrote:I am still here and glad I didn't go to Heaven with all those nut jobs........
That's what Kool-Aid is for, according to Rev. Jim Jones.

Oh Yeah! ....I mean, Oh Noooooo!