Sucks

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Re: Sucks

Post by ruckman101 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:52 am

turk's a big boy vdubyah73, he should, like all of us, take responsibility for what he posts, rather than throwing in the victim card every time he is taken to task.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Post by Lanval » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:53 am

vdubyah73 wrote:How about a majority that sees things differently and a handful that responds, sometimes in sarcastic or belittling ways, to views that don't agree with theirs?
Same thing just a lot more words. kinda like a democrat politician. :bounce:
If you feel persecuted and marked as an 'outsider', why do you choose to stay?

Mike

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:29 am

Lanval wrote: If you feel persecuted and marked as an 'outsider', why do you choose to stay?

Mike
I'm sure he will leave again soon. He will get tired of beating his head against the wall. This forum will then be a far less interesting place to visit.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:35 pm

Oh no, there IS a conspiracy. A liberal IAC conspiracy.

We are all VERY adept at organizing ourselves in an intricate scam designed to push dissenting views out.

It took hours of emailing and blueprinting, but we finally pulled it off.

Pure silliness ^^

I recall a time back in 2007 or so when everyone here argued with each other all the time. People Bill wants to label as xerox-thinking Liberals... well there were plenty of things we disagreed about. Then Turk started to realize how much entertainment he could get out of pretending to hold views that contradicted EVERYONE else. On the entire planet. And suddenly it was the Turk Show, and we all forgot to debate one another because we were so busy paying attention to the loudest person in the room.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:20 am

chitwnvw wrote: I'm sure he will leave again soon. He will get tired of beating his head against the wall. This forum will then be a far less interesting place to visit.
Bah, boy, bahh. That is not true. Perhaps those who need to see garish contrasts like Saturday morning cartoons will not be able to discern the more subtle but beautiful differences that define us very interesting individuals, but the discussions and debates will nonetheless continue to help define us and challenge us to greater understanding. Take you for example, Resident Troublemaker, you are as interesting and taciturn as they come.
Colin :cyclopsani:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:42 am

You seem to be saying that my opinion is moot and wrong...

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:02 am

If you think the absence of one person will make this place far less interesting, your opinion is wrong. In my opinion. ;)

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:28 pm

all I'm saying is there are some on this site that see the putdowns leveled at most opinions that are right of center or even center. there seems to be a post or 2 from other members saying as much every time the BS escalates to this level. Core group may have been a poor choice of words, maybe a handful of long time members, that, with a look at their post counts, would leave one to believe that they do not want a dissenting opinion. when one tries to defend their opinion everything breaks down. in the beginning of the whole "turk" situation he was civil. he didn't get sarcastic until he was dealt sarcasm. his user name wasn't even turk then, if I remember correctly. If ya want peace ya gotta own your part in it. It is entertaining by the way.
1/20/2013 end of an error
never owned a gun. have fired a few.

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:58 pm

I dunno vdubyah73, I am pretty moderate and conservative in many ways, nobody seems to whale on me too much. Maybe its the way things are written that sets people off?

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:10 pm

If someone has posted a lot, it indicates that they don't like dissenting opinion? How?
in the beginning of the whole "turk" situation he was civil. he didn't get sarcastic until he was dealt sarcasm.
I don't know if that was even the issue. When I think of turk, sarcasm is not one of the things that comes to mind. Superiority complex comes to mind. Attention-starved comes to mind. Relentless comes to mind. But he never struck me as sarcastic.

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:12 pm

All I know is turk is a good guy in person. He really is cool...and interesting.

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:26 pm

Hippie wrote:All I know is turk is a good guy in person. He really is cool...and interesting.
Turk said it to me a few days ago, if we all met in person, we'd all be cool, but something about the internet...

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:06 pm

I think his written language skills are a bit challenged, making it difficult to express himself clearly and concisely, a difficult task on a forum no matter how honed a person's written language skills are, and his style was generally one of "a stream of consciousness" that included inside references that were intended to be pokes but had no relevance or point of reference for the rest of us.

That and he seemed a bit thin-skinned, taking sleight at the drop of a hat, overly defensive. But then, I guess if you're an ego-maniac, it is all about you.

It's true, in person, folks are able to agree to disagree without near as much rancor.

neal

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:19 pm

Funny, Neal... I think of you and Eric as mirror images. You and your gal and he and his gal would get along famously...or so I think.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:26 pm

Yeegads!

Probably right on the money, chi, except for some glaring polar opposites here and there.

neal