Sucks

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Re: Sucks

Post by Velokid1 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:41 pm

I have really appreciated that a few of you, and particularly chitwn, have been here to testify that turk is a great guy in real life. If it weren't for you presenting that side of him, I would have definitely assumed he wasn't such a great guy.

This internet thing is indeed SO very freakin weird.

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:46 pm

Hippie wrote:I dunno vdubyah73, I am pretty moderate and conservative in many ways, nobody seems to whale on me too much. Maybe its the way things are written that sets people off?
I'd wail on you. But I'm kinda scared of your avatar.... :blackeye:
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:51 am

Ritter wrote:
Hippie wrote:I dunno vdubyah73, I am pretty moderate and conservative in many ways, nobody seems to whale on me too much. Maybe its the way things are written that sets people off?
I'd wail on you. But I'm kinda scared of your avatar.... :blackeye:
funny.
1/20/2013 end of an error
never owned a gun. have fired a few.

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:58 am

Velokid1 wrote:If someone has posted a lot, it indicates that they don't like dissenting opinion? How?

if you check the post counts of the ones that most vehemently disagree with turk you'll see that they are high. not the other way around as you suggest. I was trying to clarify "core group" as colin was offended by it. Same thing happened over on the other site back in 2006, and now we have it happening here.
in the beginning of the whole "turk" situation he was civil. he didn't get sarcastic until he was dealt sarcasm.
velokid1 wrote:I don't know if that was even the issue. When I think of turk, sarcasm is not one of the things that comes to mind. Superiority complex comes to mind. Attention-starved comes to mind. Relentless comes to mind. But he never struck me as sarcastic.
The word sarcasm was used as a catch all term to describe all the tit for tat BS.
1/20/2013 end of an error
never owned a gun. have fired a few.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:57 am

chitwnvw wrote:You seem to be saying that my opinion is moot and wrong...
Not at all. Not at all. Where does it look like I am saying your opinion is moot and wrong? I said that I do not believe that this place will be less interesting, and that you are one of the reasons it will not be less interesting.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:32 am

vdubyah73 wrote:
Velokid1 wrote:If someone has posted a lot, it indicates that they don't like dissenting opinion? How?

if you check the post counts of the ones that most vehemently disagree with turk you'll see that they are high. not the other way around as you suggest. I was trying to clarify "core group" as colin was offended by it. Same thing happened over on the other site back in 2006, and now we have it happening here.
I made no such suggestion. My point was that I see no correlation between those with high post counts and their like/dislike of dissenting opinion.

Furthermore, it may be the case that those who most often engaged turk have the highest post counts, but it's not necessarily the case that the people with the highest post counts are the people who most vehemently disagreed with him. Nor is it the case that those who most vehemently disagreed with turk necessarily wasted their time engaginghim.

Many people tired of being led in circles by him and recognized that it was all just a game.

The word sarcasm was used as a catch all term to describe all the tit for tat BS.
Sorry, I misinterpreted ya. Because you didn't really say what you meant. :shaking2: