Bin Laden Dead

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Re: Bin Laden Dead

Post by RussellK » Wed May 11, 2011 7:27 am

chitwnvw wrote:
RussellK wrote:We have truly become a cynical people.
And we are taking this seriously?
I don't know how you are taking it. We have become a nation that seeks a conspiracy and intrigue behind every event.. Maybe too many of us spend our time watching bad movies play out in our mind.

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Wed May 11, 2011 8:59 am

This person, a law professor, calls it what it is: murder. This action contravenes both international and US law.

http://www.truth-out.org/targeted-assas ... 1305051197

She should know.
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Wed May 11, 2011 10:30 am

The really interesting thing is that our super-sexy Hollywoodesque conspiracy theories blind us to the clumsy actual conspiracies that happen in the light of day, right under our noses.

The actual conspiracies just aren't sexy and exciting enough to garner the attention of the average American.

Reminds me of some TOOL lyrics:

Knuckle deep inside the borderline.
This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to.
Relax. Slip away.

Something kinda sad about
the way that things have come to be.
Desensitized to everything.
What became of subtlety?

How can it mean anything to me
If I really don't feel anything at all?

I'll keep digging till
I feel something.

Elbow deep inside the borderline.
Show me that you love me and that we belong together.
Shoulder deep within the borderline.
Relax. Turn around and take my hand.

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Wed May 11, 2011 10:37 am

RussellK wrote: I don't know how you are taking it. We have become a nation...
So you do know what I am talking (writing) about.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Wed May 11, 2011 12:25 pm

"You can dig my grave with a bloody spade, and see that my digger gets well paid"
goesaroundcomesaround
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Wed May 11, 2011 12:31 pm

chitwnvw wrote:
No I don't know. Perhaps you could elaborate.

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Wed May 11, 2011 1:29 pm

RussellK wrote:
chitwnvw wrote:
No I don't know. Perhaps you could elaborate.
Good lord!

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Wed May 11, 2011 2:45 pm

:bootyshake:

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Wed May 11, 2011 2:50 pm

Now Cris has me confused. :bounce:

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Wed May 11, 2011 3:09 pm

Well at least we got a new drink out of the deal. 2 shots and a splash of water.

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Wed May 11, 2011 8:25 pm

Hippie wrote:Well at least we got a new drink out of the deal. 2 shots and a splash of water.
And Charlie Sheen figures into this how?

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Wed May 11, 2011 8:29 pm

Sheen/Trump 2012 Okay, I had a few beers.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Thu May 12, 2011 6:07 am

Forget Sheen, let's read what Sheehan has to say.
Another dear human on the path.
I will paste the first couple of paragraphs, you can go to the link to read the rest.
If she was near I would give her a hug and a kiss. :flower:

http://cindysheehanssoapbox.blogspot.co ... eehan.html
I'm not the Deather by Cindy Sheehan

"The goal of modern propaganda is no longer to transform opinion but to arouse an active and mythical belief."
Jacques Ellul, philosopher

Class, let’s review what Barack (Nobel Peace Laureate) has done since achieving the office of POTUS:
On day three, he ordered his first drone bombing strike in the tribal regions of North Pakistan thus murdering a reported 36 civilians. Since that day, the US has used this tactic of abject terror 192 more times resulting in hundreds of civilian deaths. In the four years the Bush stain used this tactic of terror it was used 43 times. In this area, Obama is definitely an overachiever.
Let’s stay with Afghanistan—Obama has tripled troop strength there, and according to justforeignpolicy.org, since Obama has taken office, 910 us troops have been killed in Afghanistan, compared to 575 in seven years that Bush was president. Now, don’t get me wrong, I am not defending the Bush Stain, I am just pointing out that in some aspects that of Obama is far worse.
He promised during his campaign that if he were elected POTUS, he would “end the war in Iraq.” He even said, “You can take that to the bank.” What we don’t know is if that was one of the banks that failed since the bailouts began in 2008, with Obama’s avid support.
Well, troop strength in Iraq is down, while almost 6000 Americans are working at the embassy in Baghdad that is 104 acres huge. Does it seem like we are leaving Iraq any time soon and what do we need an embassy the size of Vatican City in a country that we supposedly are in the process of leaving?
Besides Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan, the Nobel Laureate has started a new bombing war in Libya where the use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (drones) is also happening. The day before Osama bin Laden was allegedly killed by US Navy SEALS, the UN/NATO/US violated the “no fly zone” by going out of it to Tripoli and killing one of Qaddafi’s sons and three of his grandchildren. Is that the plan, there? Bloomberg News (not exactly a leftwing source) says that “thousands” have been killed since the bombing campaign two months ago and hundreds of thousands have fled the country. Obama, like Bush before him, is a disgusting “Deather,” but if one doesn’t believe someone who has already lied about so many things that makes one a “Deather?”
The Bush/Obama freak show didn’t invent using “convenient” enemies, nor did it invent killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people exploiting these enemies. It’s not that I don’t believe Obama about Osama because he’s Obama, I don’t believe him because he is just one in along line of butt-naked Emperors.
It was widely reported and ridiculed today that I don’t believe that Osama bin Laden is dead and that makes me a “Deather.” I guess this slur is a riff on the “Birther” movement that claims that the current POTUS was not born in the US and therefore is not qualified to be in office—I think the Birther movement is a ruse and distraction from the real issues, as is OBL’s latest death.

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Thu May 12, 2011 6:31 am

chitwnvw wrote:Now Cris has me confused. :bounce:
I think Kris is the one that is confused. This has taken on the quality of the truly bizarre. I make an observation of the American psyche. To which you made a cryptic response. I didn't and still don't understand your response and stated so. Kris then goes to great lengths creating a long dialogue that didn't exist to make a point about a pissing match over favorite politicians.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Thu May 12, 2011 10:12 am

What's truly bizzare is yet to come out. That's kinda how these things go. To recap: Obama announced the raid and killing of Osama on Sunday the 1st (correct if wrong); the narrative changed from firefight to unarmed; the body was "buried at sea"; first photos were to be shown, then not; Pakistan is "angry" at the U.S. now; Osama's son will sue the whitehouse for the burial; China wants the copter remnants; Pakis and China will become friends in leiu of the U.S. cutting its military funds. See Russ? Look at the mess. Bush's fault I suppose.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero