Insanity is.... rant

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Insanity is.... rant

Post by ruckman101 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:51 am

Leveraging hostage our government's cash flow on riders, which I thought republican's despised, over Planned Parenthood (abortion) funding and the EPA's ability to acknowledge and regulate allowable emissions of known gasses contributing to unprecedented climate change. And the only way to balance the imbalance of wealth is on the backs of the poor and elderly?

Let me tell you something. There's no money there. Poverty is poverty. The poor and elderly can only die for the cause. And increasingly aren't given any other choice.

Where are those jobs weepy boy Boenher promised last election cycle, less government interfering, states rights and all, oh that's right, lots of new jobs, outsourced, overseas, just not at home. Well, that's not true either. Plenty of jobs right here. You could have three, and still be eligible for food stamps.

Still hoping, and DC and Puerto Rico should be states. Maybe Cuba, too.

So fucked up. I don't want another civil war. I don't want any war. Too many people die. The engaged and the innocent collateral bystanders.

So fucked up, my tax dollars support the largest death industry on the planet. Easily $4k of the $7k I pay in fed taxes finances death. For what? Democracy?

eh
neal
The slipper has no teeth.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Re: Insanity is.... rant

Post by steve74baywin » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:26 am

Yeah, it is pretty messed up. That phrase, "upside down backwards universe" comes to mind.
We invade countries for doing what we do. Still just a few months ago in person someone was justifying our presence in Iraq. The excuses and contradictions that come out of them over a few minute period were comical. I can't remember it all exactly now. But his first reason for us going there was something like, those Muslims think differently than us. You never know what they might kill for. (my thoughts were, like invading a country because they think differently than us, which was the first excuse this guy was giving,) and then we spoke of the bad economy and such, and then he said it is all in Gods hands, he is in control. (my thoughts were then why did we have to invade Iraq, isn't that in gods hands.) Often people say, they want to get a nuclear bomb, and I say, Oh, like we have and actually used once, guess we need to get rid of ourselves first.
Don't get me started, I was about to get on my "the masses are conditioned rant", but I think it is too soon to start with that again.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:57 am

Leveraging hostage our government's cash flow on riders, which I thought republican's despised, over Planned Parenthood (abortion) funding and the EPA's ability to acknowledge and regulate allowable emissions of known gasses contributing to unprecedented climate change. And the only way to balance the imbalance of wealth is on the backs of the poor and elderly?
Huh? Makes no sense compadre. Let's start with "government's cash flow". What does that mean? You think it means "funding Planned Parenthood and the EPA's ability to acknowledge and regulate allowable emissions of known gasses contributing to unprecedented climate change"? What if people disagree with that ridiculous claim? It's still important to you the government funds it, if people disagree? Why's that big guy? Oh, right, it's a crisis. We're all gonna die. :-) And this :
And the only way to balance the imbalance of wealth is on the backs of the poor and elderly?
What? Since when is that how America worked? It's not the idea here. It's working with the best concepts that have nurtured the great standards of living, and liberty we enjoy in 2011. That isn't a yet bigger government with more regulations, and more entitlements. That isn't what made the American Dream flourish. It's counterintuitive. As I said in the other thread: the government didn't create Oprah. You'd be tempted to think so, but it's otherwise.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:05 pm

steve74baywin wrote:Yeah, it is pretty messed up. That phrase, "upside down backwards universe" comes to mind.
We invade countries for doing what we do. Still just a few months ago in person someone was justifying our presence in Iraq. The excuses and contradictions that come out of them over a few minute period were comical. I can't remember it all exactly now. But his first reason for us going there was something like, those Muslims think differently than us. You never know what they might kill for. (my thoughts were, like invading a country because they think differently than us, which was the first excuse this guy was giving,) and then we spoke of the bad economy and such, and then he said it is all in Gods hands, he is in control. (my thoughts were then why did we have to invade Iraq, isn't that in gods hands.) Often people say, they want to get a nuclear bomb, and I say, Oh, like we have and actually used once, guess we need to get rid of ourselves first.
Don't get me started, I was about to get on my "the masses are conditioned rant", but I think it is too soon to start with that again.
When was it not all messed up? Life is messy. Unless you are a dogmatically religious person, and even then the excuse/blame for the mess is Satan, and unbelievers, and so on. So, my guess is it will always be a "mess", and I don't subscribe to any ONE panacea to cure it except tangible common sense that can be verified. That would be stuff that can be implemented, and the results seen in a reasonable frame of reference. Take red light cameras for instance. Sure they're a pain in the rear for the driver who gets the violation notice, or isn't accustomed to the way they influence traffic. But they probably make revenue for local jurisdictions, and they might make people slow down a bit in general, saving some accidents. They've been around for a few years now. The data should show something. That's something that can be shown in a tangible, verifiable way - I would think. Wars have been around since the beginning of all our civilizations. Unfortunately, since WW2 America is a world cop. If the world was peaceful I don't see why America would have any reason to be a cop. It isn't. So, we are not only responsible, we are asked to be involved. They want us in Libya. Who does? The U.N. and France, Britain, the "rebels" against Quadaffy, etc.. China and Russia don't. Gee, I wonder why. Maybe because China has a good deal with Quadaffy right now. We don't. Anyway, when was it not messy? It's always gonna be messy. If it wasn't we wouldn't have much to talk about here. Would we?
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:35 am

I can't believe anyone missed that whole government shut-down bit over the budget. It was on all the news.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:13 pm

ruckman101 wrote:I can't believe anyone missed that whole government shut-down bit over the budget. It was on all the news.
neal
Hostage-taking. That little Planned Parenthood/EPA rider sticking point was NOT budget balancing, it was politics, pure unadulterated bullshit politics. Women's health services versus tax breaks for billionaires is exactly where the line was drawn.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:51 pm

U.S. OUT OF MEXICO!
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:30 pm

Whut you talkin' bout hambone?

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Post by Lanval » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:11 pm

hambone wrote:U.S. OUT OF MEXICO!
So we can be safe?

L.