What are the options to "tackle global warming"

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Re: What are the options to "tackle global warming"

Post by ruckman101 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:03 am

turk wrote:
ruckman101 wrote:The less dead dino burned, the less greenhouse gas emissions.

neal
Yes. The level of enlightenment is illuminated in ironic contrast by your comment.
The nuance escapes me. Perhaps you could explain?

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:19 am

Dinosaurs didn't morph into "fossil fuels" and then "greenhouse gasses". Eat some soylent green. It's better for yer constitution than that "dead" stuff.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:02 am

turk wrote: Let's quit talkin' and do something about "it". :pirate:
promise?
1979 California Transporter

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:54 am

Occupy your own mind with something other than what you would prefer not. Don't sit on the sidelines trying to control what others are interested in. Find something else to do - or type about here, if that's your wish. It's totally elementary.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Post by Lanval » Fri May 27, 2011 3:32 pm

There's a great article linked on Boing Boing which really nails the problem of climate change; I've nicked a bit here, but the whole thing is worth reading:

"The trouble with looking at disasters this way is that tornadoes [original reference was to the large numbers of tornadoes in recent years] do not fit neatly into little, politically polarized ticky boxes. Science, in general, seldom works like that. In a May 23rd editorial for the Washington Post, environmentalist Bill McKibben took Americans to task for refusing to make a connection between environmental disasters--including the 2011 tornadoes--and climate change. His basic message: All these disasters must be connected and only willful ignorance allows us to ignore that.

I have a slightly different perspective. What we have here is not a failure to communicate and accept the obvious effects of climate change. Instead, it's a failure to communicate and accept a critical point of how science works, without which scientific literacy is reduced to mere talking points. This is about nuance and uncertainty, and if the American public doesn't get those things, then we'll never get climate change."

You can read the whole thing here: http://www.boingboing.net/2011/05/27/to ... te-ch.html

I like reading good writers say what I want to say, only better.

Mike

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Fri May 27, 2011 3:48 pm

fred
I'm New!

Post by fred » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:09 pm

Dr David Whitehouse of the Global Warming Policy Foundation said: “It is good news that the authors recognise that there has been no global temperature increase since 1998. :salute:
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds"
- Samuel Adams

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:44 am

:laughing3:

neal