Political Hot Water

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

turk
IAC Addict!

Political Hot Water

Post by turk » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:37 pm

I'm the frog jumping in. Obama is (right, he never really stopped) getting the 2012 campaign outta the gates. Y'all are behind him right? This is more important than anything else. Screw the wars, the economy, the political fights over budgets and debts, the brewhahas about political discourse, and the unnamed crises (which only Obama has the perseverance to tackle); it's imperative we re-elect him to get back to the task of making this a more unified, transparent, principled and fair society. This year should finally put to rest any doubt.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Re: Political Hot Water

Post by skin daddio » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:30 pm

i didn't vote for obama, and as usual i don't know wtf you're talking about.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:31 pm

I did by mistake. Life goes on.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:19 am

The punch line to this thread comes when you reveal the names of the individuals who you consider better candidates, turk.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:42 am

"Y'all are behind him right? This is more important than anything else."

I do not like visiting my own web site and getting shoved in a simplistic box before I have even had my coffee. I am done with "you all" diminishments.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:11 am

its your website when turk says he's done with it. sit down and wait it out with the rest of us old man.

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:57 am

Amskeptic wrote:"Y'all are behind him right? This is more important than anything else."

I do not like visiting my own web site and getting shoved in a simplistic box before I have even had my coffee. I am done with "you all" diminishments.
Colin
You do remember making him a mod right?
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:01 pm

I have to admit to feeling a tad hopeful that having some responsibility would in some way make a light go on for turk. It didn't happen but I suppose it was a possibility.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:58 pm

No candidate has my vote yet. I voted for Obama. It was meaningless. I realized it on inauguration day and that realization was confirmed in the following months. Yes We Did. Okay, let's see someone with some real experience and guts, please. This is a joke. Sorry.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:41 pm

Velokid1 wrote:I have to admit to feeling a tad hopeful that having some responsibility would in some way make a light go on for turk. It didn't happen but I suppose it was a possibility.
It's difficult to see any light when one is so intensely focused on their own navel.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:25 pm

The assumption is something's wrong apparently, when everything is as it should be. Criticism of the person occupying the most powerful office in the country is allowed, and you're most welcome to counter it with relevant thoughts. You wanna trash me? Okay. I'm just a citizen with an opinion.

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:07 pm

The following 15 questions will help you realize if you are doing what’s necessary to remain on the path you desire the most…

1. Do I really need this or want this?
2. What am I doing today that will help me achieve a goal tomorrow?
3. Why did I act in this positive/negative way yesterday?
4. What can I do to improve my mood everyday?
5. Do I love what I am doing daily?
6. Who am I listening to and why? (i.e. friends, co-workers, family, neighbors)
7. Am I doing all I can to focus on the important things?
8. What can I do to be a better human being?
9. Do I have the best of intentions?
10. How and where am I committing my time?
11. What is my next step towards success?
12. What parts of my life could I simplify?
13. Do I support those that support me?
14. If I could change one thing, what would it be?
15. Am I being the best that I can be?

http://theminimalistpath.com/2010/04/qu ... eflection/
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:10 pm

Hey that's a handy list. I need that.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:27 pm

ruckman101 wrote:
Velokid1 wrote:I have to admit to feeling a tad hopeful that having some responsibility would in some way make a light go on for turk. It didn't happen but I suppose it was a possibility.
It's difficult to see any light when one is so intensely focused on their own navel.

neal
That is fucking priceless!
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:06 am

Oprah won't be campaigning for Obama next year. It's a fascinating turn, or change if you will, from one of the richest supposed soldiers for the little guy in America. The government didn't create Oprah, or her wealth, or success; or the jobs and successes she helped create. I think Oprah realizes that. She is nurturing her independent media empire OWN now. She can't hurt it now. It doesn't make economic sense to campaign for bigger government now. It did in 2008. Here's an interesting, witty, maybe boorish article explaining how: http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/04/ ... ega_1.html

It's not about Oprah. :pirate: