Power Plant Melt Down Obama's Fault?

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Power Plant Melt Down Obama's Fault?

Post by ruckman101 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:15 pm

turk sez, "The news is going to milk this for all they can. I believe the Japanese are some of the most technologically savvy people on the planet, and though I read these reactors are somewhat old, they will handle this situation. You can bet the news will harp on all the uncertainty and danger. Meanwhile, the Japanese will quietly manage the situation like the competent people they are. The upside in any case is we will learn a lot about what these kinds of conditions can do and what can stand up to them. From what I heard, it is the electric back up cooling system that got swamped in the waves, and now there is danger of overheating of the cores. I think the Japanese, with the help of the U.S., and others, will get the situation under control. At least I hope so. I am not so sure with our leadership in this country."

Do I understand you correctly turk? If one of the Japanese nuclear power plants melts down it's Obama's fault? That's the way your post reads.

Dude that is a stretch.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

turk
IAC Addict!

Re: Power Plant Melt Down Obama's Fault?

Post by turk » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:25 pm

No. When I saw this post I didn't even bother to open the header at first. Here's what I'm saying: Japan shoulda had better back-up on this considering tsunamis follow earthquakes and they are right in the zone. They shoulda had emergency generators able to be helicoptered in with sufficient fresh water to apply to cool down the cores of these reactors. I think they will contain these nonetheless. They need help in this, among many other things. Now, as far as Obama, he has no track record of success in any emergencies that have happened off our shores period. Not one. So, not his "fault", but guess who ALWAYS comes to the rescue across the globe, usually, if the right people are in charge. Everyone looks to who? Not China, not Russia, not the E.U., not anyone, but us first. That's one of the things we seem to be letting dissolve under the "leadership" of the Obama administration. He has downplayed that repeatedly.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:41 pm

So no, but yes.

Just trying to keep the politics out of General Chat, thus the new thread.

neal

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:47 pm

Okaaay. :roll: It's Obama's "fault". No, on the contrary, he's not Bush, remember? It's actually Bush's fault genius.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:20 pm

I can only go by what I read in your posts.

neal

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:30 pm

Okay then, where did I say it would be Obama's "fault"? I only added that they (Japan) could likely could use our help; however, I'm not so sure that help will be appropriately available to them, which I explained in light of how I see the current leadership's response to all things that happen (crises) which a seat-of-the pants decision to help is appropriate in my opinion. I don't see that in the current administration at all. Rather, I see the media disasterbating and Obama mulling over what he can do in the aftermath to keep his poll numbers somewhat manageable, after a few rounds of golf while Rome burns. Just an observation as an afterthought, not an indictment of fault. You read what you want.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:38 pm

The portion of your post I italicized when I quoted it is what led me to believe you were laying the blame of a melt down on Obama. "...our leadership in this country." Was there a different "leadership" you were referring to?

Regardless, it seems a stretch of logic, even for uncommon logic.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:52 pm

It may "have led you to believe" what you already believe regardless, but you didn't put into context common sense, which dictates the bulk of the comment was about how the media is playing to the worst case scenario, which is their forte, and not covering the technological details, which are not quite as doomed as they would like to suggest; and only the last line, as an afterthought, highlights a lack of pro-active involvement of the U.S., based on this administration's responses to every earthquake, underwater oil-spill, political uprising, and protest that has happened in the past two years. Or, weren't you paying attention to reality?

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:56 pm

Oh I gots a grip. If you don't want to be misinterpreted, I suggest you put a polish on your written word skills. Rambling posts with massive assumptions and insider asides only apparent to you are difficult to decipher.

neal

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:02 pm

Riiiight. Just do a better job of reading and not jumping to your pre-conceived conclusions is all that needs to be done.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:10 pm

Incoherency out, incoherency in.

neal

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:14 pm

Okaay. You highlight one line at the end of a coherent comment and make assumptions of blame. Yeah. That's coherent with disasterbationary media content. Go get a job with MSNBC. You'd fit in perfect.

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:22 am

I think the House will vote NOT to send AID to Japan as a cost savings for the Budget, while the Senate will vote to send AID. Obama will be trying to sort out the differences between the two houses while Japan runs out of sushi......

I have a close friend working in Tokyo and she said the grocery stores shelves were empty of food and emergency stuff the next day after she walked home from work... electricity was out along with no water for a while too... no cell service was the strangest thing she said.
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:59 am

Okay, Bleyseng. We have your prediction on record. The House will vote NOT to fund any AID to Japan, the Senate WILL vote to send AID, and Obama will be trying to sort out the differences. Unless you're joking, I have your prediction in the book. We will see how close to reality you come.

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:09 pm

By all means, whatever we do, let's turn an apocalyptic tragedy into a political football. :cheers:
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.