WTF, Obama?

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Re: WTF, Obama?

Post by steve74baywin » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:07 am

Velokid1 wrote:Hi, Steve. Good to see you around again.
steve74baywin wrote: Hello all, it is me again.
Would it surprise any of you if I was to say that I was not surprised one bit with any thing that has happened?
Nope. What would surprise me is if you were bringing some real, workable solutions to the table instead of the same old "I told ya so" stuff.
Thank you, it is nice, there was lots of fond memories before it got old.

I am sorry you disagree with my solutions and didn't think they were workable.
My solutions were/are very limited government. Practically right in line with the Libertarian view. I do not believe in forcing any one to do anything, like forced taxes. If we all think a service or cause is worthy enough, we contribute to it, don't point the gun at me.
I will admit that my first post after being away for so long was not the best.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:26 am

Everything Obama said is ripped off from the Republican budget proposal with the twist of class warfare thrown in for demogogery. The Republican Paul Ryan came up with the 6 Trillion $ cuts in 10 years. Now everyone is for cutting spending. Well, yeah. It has been coming for over 40 years. We knew we couldn't sustain Medicare, Social Security, and the alphabet soup of government agencies, etc.. years ago. We knew we'd have to reorganize some day. Increasing taxes doesn't increase revenue. They decrease it. Reforming (abolishing) the IRS, closing loopholes, cutting taxes is the better solution. Think big.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:58 am

As an employer, I noticed something VERY odd this year. For the 1st time in the 25 plus years I've been involved in payroll processing, the feds have reduced the amount that gets deducted from employees paychecks for Social Security. So...reduce the amount they contribute to their future? A fund that is already struggling to sustain itself, so reduce it? I'm all for a reduction in income tax ... but social security??? Makes absolutely no sense to me.
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:22 am

deschutestrout wrote:As an employer, I noticed something VERY odd this year. For the 1st time in the 25 plus years I've been involved in payroll processing, the feds have reduced the amount that gets deducted from employees paychecks for Social Security. So...reduce the amount they contribute to their future? A fund that is already struggling to sustain itself, so reduce it? I'm all for a reduction in income tax ... but social security??? Makes absolutely no sense to me.
There is a belief out there that the real money creators of this world want to tank this country so much so that we are needy, starving, begging people. They think they want to do this so we can be changed into and even more controlled group, needy and dependent on the system, and the system will be more of a one world type system.
What you mention doesn't seem to make sense for any reason I can think of, except perhaps the above belief. Just food for thought.
With the value of the dollar being so low in theory the amount would have had to go up considerable just to be of the same value.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:23 pm

deschutestrout wrote:As an employer, I noticed something VERY odd this year. For the 1st time in the 25 plus years I've been involved in payroll processing, the feds have reduced the amount that gets deducted from employees paychecks for Social Security. So...reduce the amount they contribute to their future? A fund that is already struggling to sustain itself, so reduce it? I'm all for a reduction in income tax ... but social security??? Makes absolutely no sense to me.
Glad you caught it. There is a brazen attempt to "starve the beast" by those in the capitalist class who feel they deserves all the spoils of production that is actually performed by the little people. Reducing the pay-in to S.S. was a profoundly cynical move. Hypocrisy knows no bounds.

To allege that reducing S.S. inflows would stimulate the economy is pure horseshit. All it does is speed along the collapse of a SELF-STANDING program that we all have paid into but has been raided by Congress in the service of their self-centered agendas. The 5 trillion dollars that Uncle Sam owes the SS administration is a criminal offense against OUR retirements. The whole "insolvency" issue, where they bandy about increasing the retirement age instead of raising the cap (which would FIX it right there!), is merely the results of being "represented" by a sequestered club of multimillionaires with free healthcare and retirements paid for by us, no longer responsive to the American public's real struggles.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:48 pm

U.S. OUT OF VIETNAM!
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:04 am

deschutestrout wrote:For the 1st time in the 25 plus years I've been involved in payroll processing, the feds have reduced the amount that gets deducted from employees paychecks for Social Security.
My pop's was talking to me about this, this past weekend, and even though his source is most likely Fox News, it does make sense. So he tell me that they have lowered the SS kick in to cover the increase in state income tax, ie Illinois jacked their rate from 3 to 5% starting in January. This way no one sees their paycheck decrease.

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:11 am

AND DON'T EVEN TRY BUILDING TUNNELS WITH BAMBOO, STUPID CHILDREN.

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:55 am

chitwnvw wrote:
deschutestrout wrote:For the 1st time in the 25 plus years I've been involved in payroll processing, the feds have reduced the amount that gets deducted from employees paychecks for Social Security.
My pop's was talking to me about this, this past weekend, and even though his source is most likely Fox News, it does make sense. So he tell me that they have lowered the SS kick in to cover the increase in state income tax, ie Illinois jacked their rate from 3 to 5% starting in January. This way no one sees their paycheck decrease.
Then why not give relief in Federal income tax? Did EVERY state raise their income tax? I don't know...but I doubt it. And, raise the cap on the SS and MED deduction so that those making a butt-load still contribute to the fund. To intentionally short-change an already suffering fund is absurd. Just my opinion.
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:04 pm

I agree, Mark, this is short sighted and will only hurt those that need that money the most.

yondermtn
Old School!

Post by yondermtn » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:09 pm

The Feds reduced the SS withholding long before Quinn went back on his word and raised our income taxes. Coincidentally, they offset each other.

What a short sighted idea to reduce the SS withholding. :scratch:
1977 Westy 2.0FI
1990 Vanagon MV 2.1 Auto

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:40 pm

yondermtn wrote:The Feds reduced the SS withholding long before Quinn went back on his word and raised our income taxes. Coincidentally, they offset each other.
January 12, 2011

On December 17, 2010, Congress passed the Tax Relief/Job Creation Act of 2010. Employees will see their take-home pay rise during 2011 because the Tax Relief Act provides a 2% point payroll cut for employees by reducing their social security tax withholding rate from 6.2% to 4.2% of total wages paid in calendar year 2011 up to $106,800. This reduced social security withholding will have no effect on the employee’s future social security benefits. The employer tax rate for social security remains unchanged at 6.2%. The 2010 Tax Relief Act makes no changes to the Medicare tax, which remains at 1.45 for both the employees and employers.

The new law also maintains the income tax rates that have been in effect in recent years. Employers are required to use the new withholding tables and to reduce the amount of social security tax withheld as soon as possible for 2011, but no later than January 31, 2011. For any social security tax over withheld during January, employers should make an offsetting adjustment in workers’ pay as soon as possible but no later than March 31, 2011.
I'm sure not going to be able to 'spend more' anyway if I am just giving that money to a different branch of the government.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:56 am

WTF Obama? Issues his long-form birth certificate today and the Donald crows it was because of him. Never mind the Donald had already trumped that lunacy days before suggesting an even fringier theory that only because of affirmative action law, quotas the preferred term of conservatives, was Obama admitted into the schools he was obviously not truly qualified to attend so let's see the transcripts!

Xenophobes is a kinder term for the ilk of that mindset.

http://www.thegrio.com/politics/why-oba ... php?page=1

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:14 am

I've been hearing and seeing stuff about Obama showing his birth certificate.
It would be hard for me to say what I think without first saying there are so many wrongs with the system and things we have to do, the pres having power he should never have gotten and what not. But I will comment taking into account all the wrongs we current live with.
My birth certificate is not far from hand. Why is that, I needed it just a few years ago, and then just a few years before that, I needed to show it when joining the Air National Guard, for jobs apps, etc. In Florida it is needed for a drivers license.
So if I am needed to show this thing called a birth certificate, which is an inventory tracking thing, then I see no problem having Obama show it and think it is odd he didn't just do it. I can not count easily or accurately all the times I have had to show it, and it was photo copied.
Especially in lite of news paper articles years ago saying "Kenya born Obama wins Senate race".
His figuring he didn't need to maybe was because he wanted to stress the point that there are rulers, and there are peasants.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:07 am

It's a non-issue really, but it tells something about the character of Obama to see how he "reacted". Think about that and tell me he is not a calculating poltician in his "handling" of the issue. And furthermore, who is Obama's chief of staff? Who was his last chief of staff? Who hired his wife as board of directors at the U. of of C. hospital?
Who is Obama's senior advisor?

Answers: Bill Daley, Rahm Emmanual, Rich Daley, Valerie Jarrett, who was chief of staff for Rich Daley

See anything important? Nothing to see here...
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero