Spring Comes Early To The Arctic

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Re: Spring Comes Early To The Arctic

Post by ruckman101 » Fri May 06, 2011 5:33 pm

Ah, the sticking point of scientific philosophy. If only the world could be so idealistically black or white.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Fri May 06, 2011 5:37 pm

Ahahaa. You didn't get it. That's funny how I am now burdened with the proof. Well, when I feel like it I'll link to all the plainly obvious evidence that the theory is flawed. The planet isn't warming faster. There is no empirical evidence of global warming, or climate change, or "global climate disruption" caused by emissions. Like I said, when I have the free time to link all the contradictory "evidence", I'll do it. Too funny. And that's not snarky. It's true. Go do something else in the meanwhile if you want. I'm gonna do something else now. :king:
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

Lanval
IAC Addict!

Post by Lanval » Fri May 06, 2011 5:42 pm

turk wrote:It's "capisce". But no, actually the evidence that the extra CO2 and other various related carbon cycle factors caused the warming is slight to none. It's true we add to it, but not necessarily that we caused the little observed warming. That's not the only factor in warming. So, you can't say that scientifically. It's an idea, but actually it should have warmed more than it has according to models based on that theory. That's all.

Actually, Turk, it's "capisci" if you're going to be pedantic. Since, unlike you, I actually learned Italian, I will point out that the correct form is "capisci" for the second person conjugation of capire. If you're going to correct people, you might as well make the effort to be correct and/or know what you're talking about.

Lanval

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Fri May 06, 2011 5:49 pm

turk wrote:Ahahaa. You didn't get it. That's funny how I am now burdened with the proof. Well, when I feel like it I'll link to all the plainly obvious evidence that the theory is flawed. The planet isn't warming faster. There is no empirical evidence of global warming, or climate change, or "global climate disruption" caused by emissions. Like I said, when I have the free time to link all the contradictory "evidence", I'll do it. Too funny. And that's not snarky. It's true. Go do something else in the meanwhile if you want. I'm gonna do something else now. :king:
Translation - He has none.

neal

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Fri May 06, 2011 5:52 pm

One more thing: is a forum a conversation between two people, or one and another "group" he's talking to, or a plural activity? If it's a group talking to one, I admit you're correct. But generally, it's supposed to be a group talking amongst themselves, for all to participate. But not to nit-pick. I was wrong in my grammar technically. Good point.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Fri May 06, 2011 5:53 pm

ruckman101 wrote:
turk wrote:Ahahaa. You didn't get it. That's funny how I am now burdened with the proof. Well, when I feel like it I'll link to all the plainly obvious evidence that the theory is flawed. The planet isn't warming faster. There is no empirical evidence of global warming, or climate change, or "global climate disruption" caused by emissions. Like I said, when I have the free time to link all the contradictory "evidence", I'll do it. Too funny. And that's not snarky. It's true. Go do something else in the meanwhile if you want. I'm gonna do something else now. :king:
Translation - He has none.

neal
Just sit tight. It's a coming.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Fri May 06, 2011 6:03 pm

Hasn't yet, at least anything credible.

neal

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Fri May 06, 2011 6:40 pm

Ya' mean perhaps like the Nature articles revising the phytoplankton scare (no phytoplankton decrease after all), or the lack of warming predicted by Hansen, et. al, in his three scenario graph, or the deceleration of sea rise by the Journal of Coastal Research, or the dozens of others I dutifully linked to in past discussions. Yeah, nothing to see there. I just have to go do it again for flyaway. No prob. But it's a lot like talking to a tree stump. I'll do it and let's see what a group of brains can come up with besides some snark to rebut the credible sources. Religion. Politics. They are deep seated beliefs. Credibility isn't part of the formula. You want to believe it. Thus all I hear is "consensus" and the random disjointed studies and Yahoo news reports all claiming to be the smoking gun. Just wait.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Fri May 06, 2011 7:48 pm

It is refreshing when professionals are able to admit their mistakes rather than cling stubbornly to them. And a variable from a past prediction certainly isn't a smoking gun, and yes, the JCR concludes there is a possible deceleration when compared to expected acceleration predictions. So it sounds like another variation from a prediction. And the deceleration is only in relation to the predicted acceleration.

And no, I don't find Koch Brother's backed studies credible. Perhaps you want to believe they are credible, but it would be an act of faith.

neal

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sat May 07, 2011 5:45 am

Just sit tight. Your argument is typical of someone desperate to believe in a popular myth at all cost. Koch Bros. again. Where's racism? Just keep thinking your sure. It will be that much funnier to observe you face boatloads of contrary evidence to your myth of doom. I can almost bet on your canned responses now. You have three main lines defending your predictions of doom: the Kochs, racism, and big corp/big oil. No politics involved. Hehe. I'll be busy for a while. Do something else yourself.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sat May 07, 2011 10:14 am

turk wrote:Just sit tight. Your argument is typical of someone desperate to believe in a popular myth at all cost. Koch Bros. again. Where's racism? Just keep thinking your sure. It will be that much funnier to observe you face boatloads of contrary evidence to your myth of doom. I can almost bet on your canned responses now. You have three main lines defending your predictions of doom: the Kochs, racism, and big corp/big oil. No politics involved. Hehe. I'll be busy for a while. Do something else yourself.
Not sure where the racism charge came from, other threads perhaps, and the Kochs are poster boys for big corp/big oil, one and the same. Don't leave out the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), another big corp/big oil entity.

neal

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sun May 08, 2011 4:32 pm

When I post the boatload of contrary data, I will try to keep it strictly about data. I am collecting and winnowing and sifting now. I don't intend to disprove global warming. I'm only answering flyaway's request for sources that contradict the popular narrative that we are the cause, since in this small community I am the admitted odd-man out. This is a small community. I do reject the notion it is settled by consensus. The data I present will be mostly peer-reviewed, and easily checked. A few graphs showing inconsistencies in predictions and observed data over the past twenty year period will also be included, because graphs seem the most powerful propaganda technique used by alarmists. Hence the "hockey stick" which I think is so burned in the popular consciousness, and portrayed as consensus. I'm glad racism isn't a tool in your belt because I don't think the average African thinks about climate change nearly as much as we do with our media barrage. I would think their lives are climate change, whereas our's are only discussing it in theory, because we hear about the supposed hockey stick so much.
Global climate is an important issue to debate, but it is sad that what is communicated often has a clear shifting towards the worst-case scenarios and the doomsday theories. There is no reason to scare people by giving them only one side of the argument.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sun May 08, 2011 7:40 pm

Again, let me clarify. The hockey stick graph is a red herring and irrelevant at this point. Racism is a tool of the elite to keep the lower classes divided, and certainly not a "tool in my belt". I bring it up when I see it. "Inconsistencies in predictions and observed data over the past twenty year period...." only proves the complexity of the issue.

neal

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon May 09, 2011 6:22 am

turk wrote: or the deceleration of sea rise by the Journal of Coastal Research,
This is an example of how we have to be careful with our interpretations. Yell "deceleration!" enough times, and people will think that the sea level is actually falling. I hear people on various news networks who rant and rave about statistics and "evidence" to support their obvious biases every day even as the very same statistics and evidence are showing an opposite conclusion.

Coastal communities where 50% of the human population reside will have to deal with sea rise if the sea rise is rising regardless if the rate of rise has slowed if it has been proven that our ability to adapt to rise is non-existent. Venice for example is completely at the mercy of sea level. Every lousy centimeter is trouble. Go tell them that happy days are here again, the rate of rise has decelerated however briefly that may prove to be true.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Mon May 09, 2011 10:00 am

Isn't our DNA 99% the same as chimps? Yep.
One could yell all kinds of crazy things and get the people to follow. It's called Propaganda. Our scowling redface is a tool of Those With an Agenda, like it or not.
When we stop thinking so much, the real answers come easily. Ironically, the brain is no place for clarity.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat