Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

glasseye
IAC Addict!

FOK News

Post by glasseye » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:01 pm

I love Keith Olbermann, so it was with delight that I discovered his new blog:

http://foknewschannel.com/wisconsin-and-the-union/

The current post refers to unions in general and Wisconsin in particular.

We need more Keith Olbermanns.
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Re: FOK News

Post by skin daddio » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:12 pm

i'm willing to let keith borrow the doublecab if he needs mulch or mint compost.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:20 pm

Mint compost, that sounds nice.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:43 pm

Sinus cleaning aromatics.

Thanks for the link Glasseye.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:52 pm

glasseye wrote:I love Keith Olbermann, so it was with delight that I discovered his new blog:

http://foknewschannel.com/wisconsin-and-the-union/

The current post refers to unions in general and Wisconsin in particular.

We need more Keith Olbermanns.
A blog reply:
Eric says:
March 1, 2011 at 11:55 pm
First Gov. Walker comes into his state with a surplus.. The first thing he does is give rich fat cats a huge tax cut, which immediately puts the state into the red.. Wow, that is all of the unions fault. Lets knee cap them.

Ignore the state corporations who are not paying their taxes, estimated to be over 1 BILLION dollars, plus all the special perks and corporate welfare they are getting. Also ignored the bill that Gov. Walker is proposing selling all public power plants via no bid process, to his favorite campaign contributor, Koch Bros… Anyone want to bet who owns them in a year? Maybe he will sell them to Koch for a $1, as the bill allows that. He also gets to personally get all of the state money for Medicaid, with NO OVERSIGHT. Yea, that is good for him and the many secret Swiss bank accounts he needs to set up quickly.

Also ignore all of the money Koch Bros. corporations threw at the campaign, so that the Tea Party folks could win by a few points, using fear and hatred as a weapon. Corps are people now, according to the Supreme Court, so they can contribute as much as the like. Who cares if they live forever and outspend unions 10 to 1?

Second; Why is it that these pension funds are ALL so underfunded? It could not be because the fat financial global corps on Wall Street dismantled all laws that protected the US from them and their greed, could it? They created a gambling hall, and gambled and lost millions of mortgages in a huge, illegal, immoral and perverted Ponzi scheme that collapsed the GLOBAL stock market, and lost EVERYONE at least 50% of the their 401K, stock market portfolio, pension fund, IRA, etc, Conservatives, union members and liberals alike… Price tag on that gamble? 100 TRILLION blogally maybe? Who cares to count that sad total number?

Now that the pension funds are short due to huge corporate PONZI schemes and huge debts created by a couple Trillion dollar taxpayer welfare bailout, the Koch Bros Tea Party have the gall to blame the unions, and try to take them out..

NO ONE has gone to jail for criminal behavior gone rogue; robo signing, lost titles, derivatives leveraged 100 to 1, fraudulent representations to investors, AAA ratings from ratings companies who knew better, loan shark banksters, all just tip of the iceberg stuff.

Now we all know, CRIME PAYS.. Better get in while the going is good. Is that what we will teach the kids? Who will teach them? Many states are now firing ALL of their teachers.

If you worked for any company and they fired EVERYONE, would you come back, ever? Again, this is a very dark, oppressive, cynical attempt to break all unions, across the US, for corporate gain, corporate profits…

Isn’t it strange that in this desperate time that there is only ONE bright spot in the entire economy? Huge global corporations are raking in RECORD PROFITS… wow.

And all of the cutting going on, guess what does not get mentioned? Corporate welfare, subsidies, and military budget, which takes up 65% of the total budget, and is bigger than all other civilized nations combined. Plus we are fighting TWO wars, by borrowing money from Communist China, and it gets worse from there, but I do not want to depress you, so I will stop..

Wake up America.. Corporations are in charge. Unless you take it back, they rule, and you suffer
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:52 pm

I miss Keith.

neal

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Mon May 02, 2011 1:31 am

Oops, just read the blog response Colin posted above my post lamenting the demise of the Keith Olbermann show. At that point I had gotten no farther than the article connected to the original link. Poignant personal testimony to the value of worker unions.

Eric nailed it on the head.

I just had to thank glasseye once again for the link, because I miss Keith, and this one made my day, found myself laughing too many times. Comedy rides the back of tragedy.

http://foknewschannel.com/video/the-fir ... t-arizona/

neal

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Mon May 02, 2011 7:33 am

ruckman101 wrote:Comedy rides the back of tragedy.
neal
Indeed it does. Thank goodness we can still laff, eh? Can't wait for Late Spring, too.

Jon Stewart desperately wants The Donald to run, cuz "it's going to be great for business" :bounce:
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.