Congratulations, Egypt

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

turk
IAC Addict!

Re: Congratulations, Egypt

Post by turk » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:50 am

I sense a conspiracy.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:34 am

Truly a grassroots populist uprising. The canary in the mine. An unsustainable model beginning to crumble. All our supported despots keenly aware our loyalties are solely to ourselves.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:04 pm

I can get on board with that! New topics are always good.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:48 pm

It's absolutely a grass-roots uprising in Egypt and the other dictatorships. I don't question that at all. I was referring to the other one alluded to in a few posts above, just in a humorous way, which wasn't serious.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:39 pm

turk wrote:It's absolutely a grass-roots uprising in Egypt and the other dictatorships. I don't question that at all. I was referring to the other one alluded to in a few posts above, just in a humorous way, which wasn't serious.
I got it! I got it!

So now Iran and Bahrain are experiencing unrest? Was GWB onto something?
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:43 pm

There are those that scoff at community organizing. It would seem to have been the ticket in Egypt.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:44 pm

ruckman101 wrote:There are those that scoff at community organizing. It would seem to have been the ticket in Egypt.

neal
not mrs. palin??

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:52 am

Amskeptic wrote:
turk wrote:It's absolutely a grass-roots uprising in Egypt and the other dictatorships. I don't question that at all. I was referring to the other one alluded to in a few posts above, just in a humorous way, which wasn't serious.
I got it! I got it!

So now Iran and Bahrain are experiencing unrest? Was GWB onto something?
Colin

You didn't get it. Sorry. I don't repeat my allusions to allusions. It's in the thread and obvious as a Nazi in lederhosen dogmatizing about the character traits of rats compared to eagles. Or maybe you got it. I dunno.
Anyhoo, You bring GWB into the discussion, and my counter-question is was GWB onto nothing?