My Rendition of the Rules

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Re: My Rendition of the Rules

Post by Westy78 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:41 pm

Yep, that's what I thought. Nothing there.
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:55 pm

Hmm. I fully understand your nothing. Does that mean I understand nothing? Or that I understand what others portray as nothing. What can I do about it? Nothing.
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:26 pm

Someone told me yesterday that it takes two people to have a tug of war.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:44 pm

Tug of war is an okay metaphor here, but I think a better one is the kid behind you in junior high hitting everyone in the back of the head with spitballs. Kinda changes the vibe of the whole room.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:39 pm

Example please?
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:13 pm

You can't be serious.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:24 pm

Does he look like he's joking? LOL

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:25 pm

I'm serious. You wanna make allegations and aspersions; you wanna make a stink over nothing; you think I'm somehow not aware or in denial; then show me how I with something I did that was so outta line, so terrible, so insulting, personal, annoying, uncivil, etc., etc., etc.. Ya' really cant. That's why we have these kinda petty threads. It's all sound and fury with no substance. I discuss topics and controversies that interest me. This is boring to me. But here's your chance. Prove me wrong.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:34 pm

turk wrote:I'm serious. You wanna make allegations and aspersions; you wanna make a stink over nothing; you think I'm somehow not aware or in denial; then show me how I with something I did that was so outta line, so terrible, so insulting, personal, annoying, uncivil, etc., etc., etc.. Ya' really cant. That's why we have these kinda petty threads. It's all sound and fury with no substance. I discuss topics and controversies that interest me. This is boring to me. But here's your chance. Prove me wrong.
That post right there is all the proof you need. If you don't get it from that there's nothing anyone will say that will convince you otherwise.
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:51 pm

So, the logic is I'm askin' for it by answering the aspersions, rather than leaving them alone? Well, then it's just a circular argument, if that is the logic. I could similarly make assumptions and allege character flaws, which I don't, because it's tedious and personal, and digresses from the original topics discussed. If this is the logic, the forum is hindered by unnecessary circular arguments about its members, rather than the more interesting points, being topical, with divergent opinions.

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:43 pm

turk wrote:, the forum is hindered by unnecessary circular arguments about its members, rather than the more interesting points, being topical, with divergent opinions.
Member? Non-member. Member? Non-member. Member? Moderator. :rr:

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:01 pm

The pattern is, was, not my choice. Can you point out anything that was? I was always me. And still am. Any allegations or resulting changes were imposed by authority or ultimatum. I met Colin in person, and he had no problem with me, and made the offer to re-register me. I didn't ask for it, or even the meeting. Same with this moderator thing. So, that isn't relevant to the charges being made against me now. But again, if you can back up your implication of misconduct on my part, do so. Personally, I think this is an exercise in pettiness. I still hold out better expectations for the whole group of free speakers here. But I don't believe I am above you making your point. I just don't think it has much weight, other than petty cliquish group-think. Closed-minded contempt. We are entitled our opinions.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:35 pm

Things are entirely what they appear to be and behind them...there is nothing.

- Sartre

A rose is a rose is a rose.

-Gertrude Stein

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:35 am

bombast
1/20/2013 end of an error
never owned a gun. have fired a few.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:35 am

A different opinion is hard to accept in groupthink. It destabilizes the dominant narrative. That's all that's going on here. Nothing more.