Black Tea Party

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

turk
IAC Addict!

Re: Black Tea Party

Post by turk » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:59 pm

That's your fear-based interpretation. The president isn't "black", he is both white and black. Raised mostly by his white mother and her family. It's just non-sense to distract from the real issues.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:10 pm

What is it I fear turk?

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:17 pm

Maybe you would get a better answer if you asked yourself. I don't know. I'm simply pointing out the obvious: there is no racism in the Tea Party. It is policy that concerns them. The Tea Party originated from the Rick Santelli rant which went viral and subsequent rallies and protests of the Obama/democrat agenda (e.g. the health care insurance reform bill, cap and trade, and other big government take-over issues) gained momentum and traction and support from like-minded Americans. That's all the Tea Party is, was. Then it got some people elected under the Republican banner I think. Some of them are "non-white". So, all the hubub about racism is a red-herring. Unless you have some evidence to the contrary.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:23 pm

You have the official tea party line memorized. If it isn't an issue, why did you bring it up? Racists never feel they are. A propaganda piece crying out their non-racialness smacks, let me say again, of "they doth protest too much". That's my proof.

neal

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:27 pm

I brought it up because I saw the news and thought it worthy of mention. You wouldn't hear about it if I didn't.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:43 pm

That defeats your point. If "It's just nonsense to distract from the real issues", a diversion as you claim, I would have heard about it without you posting a link.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:21 pm

Well, where's the evidence that the Tea Party is racist? I don't follow your point that you would have heard about it if it was a diversion. Did you see the Olbermann vid? He very definitely called the Tea Party racist, and his logic was the alleged absence of blacks proved it. Yet, in the last election there were at least two black guys elected under the tea-party name.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:26 pm

The evidence is the adamant nature with which they cry that they aren't when it's pointed out the crowds attracted to their events lack any real diversity. Doth protest too much. Must I repeat myself again?

neal

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:28 pm

That's no evidence. That's straight up bunk.

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:31 pm

Racism is everywhere, Usually when it raises it's ugly head everybody is horrified. Sometimes, when a group of like minded racists rise to control of a group, it gets real ugly. Like white supremacists. The tea party doesn't seem to be a group controlled by wacko racists, it seems more like a group of people that want less government no big brother stuff, and whatever else they are clamoring for. All that with some ignant racists thrown into the mix.

JMO
1/20/2013 end of an error
never owned a gun. have fired a few.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:36 pm

Fact. The tea party doesn't attract a large percentage of people of color. Fact. Every person of color that signs on is trotted out as proof the organization isn't racist.

Propaganda from the Koch brothers and Breitbart are bunk.

neal

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:41 pm

vdubyah73 wrote:Racism is everywhere, Usually when it raises it's ugly head everybody is horrified. Sometimes, when a group of like minded racists rise to control of a group, it gets real ugly. Like white supremacists. The tea party doesn't seem to be a group controlled by wacko racists, it seems more like a group of people that want less government no big brother stuff, and whatever else they are clamoring for. All that with some ignant racists thrown into the mix.

JMO
That sums it up about right. Not a lot of color at white supremacists events, either. It just seems to me that the group has a disproportionate number of ignants and ignant racists thrown into their mix.

neal

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:21 pm

So if you're not a white supremacist and you're affiliated with the tea party you're a fake, a dupe, a patsy for someone else. Okaaaaay. Seems a little pre-judgmental and wishing to smear. Just a little. Now why would that be?

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:25 pm

You've certainly made many assumptions about my opinion that supports your preconceived notions turk.

neal

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:28 pm

Well , why not be straightforward about it?
ruckman101 wrote:Fact. The tea party doesn't attract a large percentage of people of color. Fact. Every person of color that signs on is trotted out as proof the organization isn't racist.

Propaganda from the Koch brothers and Breitbart are bunk.

neal