Delay sentenced to prison

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Delay sentenced to prison

Post by Sylvester » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:36 pm

"Well I am not a crook".
“Judge, I can’t be remorseful for something I don’t think I did,” DeLay added, according to CNN.
3 years, can he cry like Boehner in front of the judge? Guess not. I never liked Delay.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Re: Delay sentenced to prison

Post by ruckman101 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:40 pm

Hammer to the slammer.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:42 pm

Sylvester wrote:"Well I am not a crook".
“Judge, I can’t be remorseful for something I don’t think I did,” DeLay added, according to CNN.
3 years, can he cry like Boehner in front of the judge? Guess not. I never liked Delay.
In his ascendant heyday, Delay was a monster, a real deep creep. He was the executioner of "Pay To Play". In Texas, Delay crammed an an illegal redistricting plan midway through the census counts so Republicans could gerrymander their way to a majority in a state that had a proud Democratic tradition. A creep, like so many other Republicans who make it to the helm.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:11 pm

throw 'em all in jail. both sides of the aisle have their share of crooks. just look at Mass. of the last 3 speakers of the house 2 have been found guilty of corruption and 1 has been indicted, awaiting trial. state senator wilkerson has been found guilty of taking a bribe and boston councilor turner same thing. all democrats from arguably the most liberal state in the country.
1/20/2013 end of an error
never owned a gun. have fired a few.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:43 pm

Don't say "throw em all in jail" and then take off on a tirade about liberals. Those with our eyes open already see the crooks for what they are. You can't tell a crook by whether he has elephant or donkey boxers on, and you don't need to. The crooks are right in front of us, plain as day. Getting away with their white collar crimes on the blue collar folks without even trying. Many of them are serving as elected officials... because the corporations have mastered the trickery that allows them to install their pocket monkeys in public offices and buy influence.

If you truly believe they should all be in jail, then never again defend a multinational corporation in the name of "free market" or "capitalism." Those companies (with very, very few exceptions) are burying us alive.

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:12 am

Velokid1 wrote:You can't tell a crook by whether he has elephant or donkey boxers on, and you don't need to....Many of them are serving as elected officials... because the corporations have mastered the trickery that allows them to install their pocket monkeys in public offices and buy influence.

If you truly believe they should all be in jail, then never again defend a multinational corporation in the name of "free market" or "capitalism." Those companies (with very, very few exceptions) are burying us alive.
Couldn't agree MORE. DeLay has had it coming to him for YEARS and I am sorry that it took this long to get him where he belongs and that it's only 3 years. Time will tell if he even serves that or what foul acts he orchestrates from behind bars. Evil begets evil.
1974 T1 Super Beetle "Fweem"
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

"Love something? Serve it."
~Roshni Mitra

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:11 am

Simply pointing out that the crooks are on both sides of the aisle. In Ma. they happen to be on the left because we only have 31 republicans to 128 democrats in the house. the state senate has 4 republicans to 36 democrat senators. we as a people need to vote the career politicians out of office and put people in that are more moderate rather than extreme left or right.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:16 pm

I kind of agree, Bill. Just not with the moderate point. The political system we have now is corporate- and profit-biased to the core. It's true of the entire spectrum... The extreme right, the extreme left, and every shade in between. If we continue to accept choices that come from within the existing system/spectrum, we can forever expect the same profit-serving, corruption... Though always in a different shade or color. It's the same sofa, upholstered with whatever fabric it takes to convince you to comply.

The spectrum we see as being so broad actually isn't... It is very narrow from my pt of view. I see people who call themselves dems or repubs as equally foolish.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:49 pm

Velokid1 wrote:I kind of agree, Bill. Just not with the moderate point. The political system we have now is corporate- and profit-biased to the core. It's true of the entire spectrum... The extreme right, the extreme left, and every shade in between. If we continue to accept choices that come from within the existing system/spectrum, we can forever expect the same profit-serving, corruption... Though always in a different shade or color. It's the same sofa, upholstered with whatever fabric it takes to convince you to comply.

The spectrum we see as being so broad actually isn't... It is very narrow from my pt of view. I see people who call themselves dems or repubs as equally foolish.

=D>
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:28 am

this is why we need to enforce term limits with our votes. career politicians get to/too comfy with the corporate lobbyists when they are there for term after term. they become disconnected from everyday reality. It has also become a constant campaign for re-election. They want to be re-elected so everything they do and say is based on getting large donations and endorsements from unions and now corporate headquarters. Congress should reform campaign money rules, eliminate both corporate and union spending. I have heard the position that corporations are not people, well I believe that unions are not people either. Unions are just another type of corporation pushing an agenda for their own benefit. The union support of the health care bill was all about lowering their cost of providing benefits to their members. Not all union members are of the same opinion as the leadership of their respective unions. I know that when I was a member of SEIU 888, my shop was nearly 100% right leaning centrists. SEIU spent 88 mil on this last election pushing their agenda.

We do seem to agree that the system is fucked up.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:54 am

I think we agree on a little more than that.

The unions have/had gotten a little out of control. Or a lot outta control.

Personal financial gain should have nothing to do with politics or public service. We need noble, good men with vision... not businessmen with business acumen.

Our country needs them. But the White House doesn't. We hire business men for what we as a country need. We contract with the military when we need them. Neither a money man nor a military man should be in charge of the country. Leadership takes compassion, vision, principles and a desire to see your country and its people be successful. What we have now are leaders whose idea of a "successful nation" is one whose corporations make a huge profit, above all other concerns.