Junk food industry

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

twinfalls
IAC Addict!

Junk food industry

Post by twinfalls » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:40 am

In France, read the label of cans labelled "Canard à l' Armagnac".

Many cheapos label tells: 23% Duck, 2% Armagnac, pork, salt, preservatives, colorants, and so on.
It doesn't say how much % pork; Some 75% terrible debris I guess.

How come less than 25% qualifies for 100% on the label ?
Why don't they make 50/50 pork duck dishes mixing one pig for one duck ?
1974 stock US Westy 1800cc PDSIT 34 2-3.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:53 am

If they put the percentage on there you may not buy it! I am not sure this counts as junk food to me.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:40 am

Sylvester wrote:If they put the percentage on there you may not buy it! I am not sure this counts as junk food to me.
Yeah, what are you guys eating over there?! Pork and duck out of a can? Yikes! :-) Maybe this is like a fancy version of Spam?

It's good to read the labels. If you are not certain about what is in it (or how much of what is in your food) I'd suggest voting with you pocketbook and buy something else, fresh or frozen preferably.
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

twinfalls
IAC Addict!

Post by twinfalls » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:32 am

BellePlaine wrote: Yeah, what are you guys eating over there?! Pork and duck out of a can? Yikes! :-) Maybe this is like a fancy version of Spam?
We use to eat this without any pork ! At least for those who care and read the labels
1974 stock US Westy 1800cc PDSIT 34 2-3.