I've heard 9/11 was an inside job.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Warming Not Cooling <8-O

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:05 pm

turk wrote:Yeah, that figures. I'm just a dumb hog wrestler that know shit 'bout "mechanics of species adaption". The big die-offs are coming Skep. You bet. I can see the cities emptying out when the temperature goes up on average 1 degree over a hunnerd years.
Oh stop. Just answer the question. I did not know that you are a hog wrestler, I hope it pays well. I do not think hog-wrestlers are necessarily stupid. Can we get back to the topic now?

Please answer the following without whiny boohoo bullshit.
Are populations generally held in check by habitat's ability to support them?
How close are humans to the "balance point" of sustainability?
What happens when the supply gets interrupted by climate variations?

Real intelligent adults ask these questions frequently as we observe the increasing stress on the biosphere. Try to contribute without being a twit.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:39 pm

So now I'm not answering "the question". Okaaay. And it's time to fling aspersions again. Whatever.
Amskeptic wrote:
Please answer the following without whiny boohoo bullshit.
Are populations generally held in check by habitat's ability to support them?
Sure, and humans have figured out how to accommodate our own species beyond the wildest nightmares of Paul Ehrlich and John Holdren (they predicted the last big die-off that never happened). But so what?
Amskeptic wrote:How close are humans to the "balance point" of sustainability?
I dunno. You know? Probably some billions.
Amskeptic wrote:What happens when the supply gets interrupted by climate variations?
Big die-offs. That's life. I presume you know who's to blame already.
Amskeptic wrote:Real intelligent adults ask these questions frequently as we observe the increasing stress on the biosphere. Try to contribute without being a twit.

Colin
Haha. Well said "maestro".
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:28 am

So what are the effects of releases of radioactivity, man made concentrated, on climate? Lesions, cancers, well, depending on how thick the cloud was when it swept over you in the process of diluting into the environment. Actually only one more irritant contributing to a toxic world.

neal

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:44 pm

Jupiter is pretty toxic and nature "made" it but it can't sustain life. That is what is at stake here. Biodiversity sustains us all.
Argument is stupid when the actions are obvious.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:45 pm

There are those who echo corporate misinformation and opine there is no need or reason to address the negative consequences of global warming/climate change as it is a naturally occurring phenomena that the activities of man haven't impacted or contributed to, so efforts to do so would be "dumb".

Japan is very lucky they don't embrace the same logic when it comes to mitigating the negative impacts of naturally occurring earthquakes and tsunamis. They did the research and made the investment that kept damages and deaths far far far lower than if no preparations were made or invested in.

neal

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:41 am

Narrow thinking analogizes in order to fit whatever ideology is being peddled. In this case a tree is a tree is a tree and a fruit is a fruit is a fruit; doesn't matter if it's an orange or a mango. DIFFERENCE! It's also known as nuance. Some people claim to be experts in that.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero