Brutal Assessment (read up ye climate mongers!)

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:50 pm

I don't think Phil meant his statement to be taken literally. I certainly didn't.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:38 pm

Is anything supposed to be taken literally on an internet discussion board? Well, that's the rub. Maybe some should be, but honestly, it's all conjecture and (hopefully) ideas to discuss and ponder. Eleanor Roosevelt said, "great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, and small minds discuss people." In the idea of insurance taken, rather than gambling "there isn't going to be any problem at all", this is the Precautionary Principal essentially. Well, I don't see the reason to subscribe to that principal until, 1) reliable data is amassed, 2) a smoking gun is identified, and 3) world politics can agree on a solution to an identified cause.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

Ashtarot
Getting Hooked!

Post by Ashtarot » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:15 pm

ruckman101 wrote:Someone had to take the lead. This country used to be a leader. Now we're foot draggers on this frontier.

neal
The wash is this,
I feel that they are only relinquishing to the fact of depletion of adequate production.
Ie no more war for oil.
"I hold the most archaic values on earth ... the fertility of the soul, the magic of the animals, the power-vision in solitude.... the love and ecstasy of the dance, the common work of the tribe."
Gary Snyder

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:37 pm

We would need far less oil if we weren't at war. Those war machines are certainly not fuel effiecient. BP supplies our military with gasoline, which would seem to explain a few things.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.