How can you 'like' War?

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:15 am

Let me divert back to the question asked in the subject. How can you like war? Well, let's see, those of low morals who make millions via defense contracts like the money, they either are very evil within to not care about the lives they are ruining, or they allow themselves to remain ingnorant of the truth. That covers one group that likes war.... Now, as far as most americans who are not making money off this war, they are still deceived into thinking that it is for the better of all,,,,I mean,,,Saddamy boy was very bad,,,and um,, he might have hurt some people in the future, so um,,, I'm so glad we beat him to it...... :---)

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:49 am

steve74baywin wrote: Saddamy boy was very bad,,,and um,, he might have hurt some people in the future, so um,,, I'm so glad we beat him to it...... :---)
That PreEmptive Doctrine sent chills to my bone marrow, what a horror of Orwellian moral bankruptcy, all the more painful when you realize these goons stole the White House. . . . TWICE (read Greg Palast's latest book)
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:01 am

Did Palast write "The Dest Democracy Money Can Buy"?
If so I read that one a year or three ago. Scary.

And once again, again, War is sick, sad and disgusting on all sides, there is no right side, and the sooner we stop taking sides the sooner it will stop (not gonna happen any time soon). I want to associate with war supporters (of any war, on any side) as much as I'd like to let my niece play with that Karr character who thinks he killed JonBenet.

And since "this" war keeps coming up, I'll add my $0.02. This morning the Shitbrick in Chief said to leave would be "a disaster" What the fuck is it now? It was a disaster from the start and the "liberal cowards'" predictions keep coming true. The only thing I agree with is that leaving now wouldn't help, probably just make a new afghanistan (see: origins of al qaeda) Should have thought of that in the first place.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:14 pm

DjEep wrote: Did Palast write "The Dest Democracy Money Can Buy"?

It was a disaster from the start and the "liberal cowards'" predictions keep coming true.
Yes he did. His current hypothesis suggests that each questionable election that passes unchallenged emboldens those who have cooked up these menus of disenfranchisement. Provisional ballots, votor IDs, paperless electronic machines, and Jeb Bush's favorite, tampering with the felon lists. Coming up this November. . . more of the same.

The corporate news organs have already begun the fall election cycle's drumbeat of "Poll Results" suggesting that Americans "trust" Republicans to prosecute the war on terror more than Democrats. Neatly avoided is the question of what makes people hate the U.S. so much that they want to blow it up? Do you think we would hate an occupying power that plopped on our soil and blew up many more buildings than the World Trade Center and told us that we would be liberated from democracy to say, a new fundamentalist clerisy?
This upcoming election is gonna hurt again I am afraid.
Colin

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:13 pm

Just don't have the same initials as a felon in Texas and you'll be ok! Oh yeah, and try not to look too black...

Side Note... A week or two ago I saw a license plate frame that said:

Poll Workers Count!

www.shapethevote.org

I thought poll workers collected votes, not "shaped" them.
(paranoid maybe, but it did make me chuckle...nervously)
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:38 pm

DjEep wrote:Just don't have the same initials as a felon in Texas and you'll be ok! Oh yeah, and try not to look too black...

Side Note... A week or two ago I saw a license plate frame that said:

Poll Workers Count!

www.shapethevote.org

I thought poll workers collected votes, not "shaped" them.
(paranoid maybe, but it did make me chuckle...nervously)
\

I can't find diddly squat on "shapethevote.org". In fact that domain is currently available!

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:20 pm

Ha! I never even bothered to check the site! Nothing @ .com either.

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:46 pm

DjEep why is the 'Fuck war' sign was no longer in the rear window ??
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:53 pm

Not for nothing, but I just came through some seriously constipated conservative communities where the local papers are already beating the drum about what a bunch of pansies the democrats are sure to be in this new terrorist world.
For crying out loud.
Is it not obvious to these neuronally challenged cretins that violence against a sovereign nation only leads to more violence?
That our country was founded on "terrorist" principles as those arrogant British tried to give us their world view?
That occupation sucks? Will we ever learn? Ask Israel's prime minister how he is holding up against his own outraged and decent citizens who cannot stand the militaristic bullying of that once-beautiful nation of Lebanon. . . .
Colin

Adventurewagen
IAC Addict!

Post by Adventurewagen » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:42 am

Living in Washington and the Seattle area for most of my life I could never figure out sometimes how some presidents had so much support such as Bush in the last election, then I got a job that entailed ALOT of travel and found out why.

I now understand that my little bubble of a community is just that a little bubble. So much of the rest of our country belongs to a very different group of people. I find it amazing sometimes that there is such a split. Personally I don't fall with either liberal, democratic or republican groups, I usually just kind of align myself with whomever I agree with more. So I'm not attached to either but I would say that I am more liberal than some, maybe not liberal, but just self reliant and I like to do my own thing and let others do theirs.

So now I've forgotten where I was going with this, anyway, I say we redraw the US/Canada border vertical and leave the midwest and East be one country and the west coast to around Denver be another. Then the East side can make their own drug laws, wear suits and be all uppity while the left side can relax and do whatever the hell it is we usually do :pirate:

Next topic...
63 Gulf Blue Notch
71 Sierra Yellow Adventurewagen
DjEep wrote:Velo? Are you being "over-run"? Do you need to swim through a sea of Mexican anchor-babies to get to your bus in the morning?
:wav:

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:08 am

dingo wrote:DjEep why is the 'Fuck war' sign was no longer in the rear window ??
Not my choice, my girlfriend had to take it down to "protect the kiddies" (Ha!) at the school where she works after her boss argued with her about for an hour. Funny thing is the Kiddies are community college students. And she only serves them coffee. I woulda stood my ground on it, but it was her sign and her job...

kool aid
Getting Hooked!

Post by kool aid » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:05 pm

You get war when diplomacy fails. Its sad that we live in a world where innocent people are killed because they happen to live in the wrong place.

I read a quote once, "War does not deiced who is right but who is left".
So true.
:king:

lovemybus
Getting Hooked!

Post by lovemybus » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:15 pm

kool aid wrote: I read a quote once, "War does not deiced who is right but who is left".
So true.
That is a very wise statement. I will teach that to my daughter.
Long live the VW Buses...
LoveMyBus.com