the artic ice is melting!

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:14 am

Bwahahahha, sounds like it's a name and institute you should be familiar with turk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_Ins ... d_Medicine

Just for context, realize Oregon does tend to be an incubation for nuttiness. Must be the rain we haven't had this fall. Don't forget Jim Jones. The Bagwan Shree Rashneesh. Even those suicidal comet folks. They might have even been Cave Junction haunters themselves.

What's your excuse turk?

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:39 am

My excuse is there is no evidence to be alarmed. What's yours? Still emitting CO2 by choice? That would be hypocritical. Hey ya' got 10:10:10 to handcuff yerself symbolically for a day to save the planet. Tell me how that works for ya'. John Lennon wrote maudlin politically conscious songs from his English country mansion. Cave Junction would be some place I would move if I move to Oregon.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:28 pm

Yep, still breathing, exhaling CO2 by choice because I don't want to explore the only other option until I absolutely have to.

neal

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:09 pm

No 101, you seem to want to haggle over what size "carbon foot-print" other people should have, so what's yer excuse? Get out yer hand-cuffs like a good monkey. Now put it on your wrist and lock it. Good. :joker:

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:48 pm

I know not of what you speak.

I believe there is a crisis that humanity's actions have exacerbated, shrinking a natural cycle of centuries into a very narrow timeframe. You don't believe human activity has anything to do with it, that it is a conspiracy to tax you as far as I can tell.

The puddle of dissenting research you cite as the basis for your belief is, if any data is, fudged. Cling to your uncommon sense along with Art Robinson and the other muddiers.

You have no credibility in my book on this issue, neither do the few sources you've cited. You ignore an overwhelming body of world research in favor of a itty bitty minority of corporate funded dissenters.

The Koch Brothers thank you.

neal

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:39 pm

ruckman101 wrote:I know not of what you speak.

I believe there is a crisis that humanity's actions have exacerbated, shrinking a natural cycle of centuries into a very narrow timeframe. You don't believe human activity has anything to do with it, that it is a conspiracy to tax you as far as I can tell.

The puddle of dissenting research you cite as the basis for your belief is, if any data is, fudged. Cling to your uncommon sense along with Art Robinson and the other muddiers.

You have no credibility in my book on this issue, neither do the few sources you've cited. You ignore an overwhelming body of world research in favor of a itty bitty minority of corporate funded dissenters.

The Koch Brothers thank you.

neal
Naw, nah, no, no, no. I cited the IPCC, the NOAA, GISTEMP, James Hansen, and more. I used their data to show you that they truly don't know. There simply isn't enough to know. Show me ONE piece of citation I made that is wrong, just ONE. Do I need to give you a prize to do it? Just do it man. Damn right I dissent that ideological bullcrap. Let science do its work. Put up man. What do you have? Flooding in Pakistan, and a heat wave in Russia are a few cherries you presented. Problem is James Hansen admitted they weren't because of Global Warming!

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:51 pm

Yep, you apply your own locked down tight uncommon sense to the issue bolstered by the corporate supported shills.

There is no discussion.

neal

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:19 pm

There's "no discussion" only because you say so. I give you the opportunity to back up your hefty assertion on a silver platter. You say "no discussion". What's that say about your assertion? I'll take a stab: It's BS.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:51 pm

We've had the discussion.

neal

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:20 pm

Then why are you still addressing it with "bwahahaha" stupidity about some obscure organization and asking what "my excuse" for it is. Is that yer little Straw Man exit from the discussion? You have nothing. You couldn't answer my challenge, even if I "bet" you couldn't. So exit with a Saul Alinsky pot-shot and try to personalize it for me. Goodbye dude. :joker:

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:45 pm

Arty ain't one of your revered bros in denial? The Oregon Petitition is his doing, I was sure you would be on board.

neal

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:52 pm

People come into the shop all the time after trying and failing to fix their VW's. Then I fix them and tell them the cause of their woes. Often they then argue that the "cause" can't be, and cite all sorts of shit they have read on the grand ol' internet. I calmly tell them that #1 It runs now, eh? and #2 It didn't after they tried to get it to.

Moral #1: Don't put all your faith in what you choose to read on the internet.
Moral #2: If you aren't a mechanic (scientist) don't tell me (mechanic) that I am wrong, especially if "consensus" (VW works now) is in my favor.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

fred
I'm New!

Re: the artic ice is melting!

Post by fred » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:05 pm

New, convincing evidence indicates global warming is caused by cosmic rays and the sun — not humans
link: http://opinion.financialpost.com/2011/0 ... w-settled/
this guy is crackers to believe that the Sun is making things hot
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds"
- Samuel Adams

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Re: the artic ice is melting!

Post by steve74baywin » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:52 am

fred wrote:New, convincing evidence indicates global warming is caused by cosmic rays and the sun — not humans
link: http://opinion.financialpost.com/2011/0 ... w-settled/
this guy is crackers to believe that the Sun is making things hot
That really is interesting. Thanks for sharing.