Just when you think you've heard everything....

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Re: Just when you think you've heard everything....

Post by steve74baywin » Mon May 02, 2011 12:55 pm

Velokid1 wrote:
steve74baywin wrote:
BellePlaine wrote:Someone should take the search button away from Steve again. Kidding! :-)
There still is no explanation why other things and names can be going back to 2006, but a search on Ron Paul will only get you back two weeks.
So invent an explanation? Is that the tactic? :geek:
Huh? Why is it things you say seem to be out is space lately?
I do not understand what you are referencing and what you are trying to say.

turk
IAC Addict!

Post by turk » Mon May 02, 2011 1:52 pm

RussellK wrote:
BellePlaine wrote:We're a pretty good cross-section of American life.
Yep. Mostly broke.
U GOT THAT RIGHT. Except maybe Colin. That guy's rolling in greenbacks. Kidding.
A man said to the universe, "Sir I exist! "However," replied the universe, "the fact has not created in me a sense of obligation."

"Let me be perfectly clear" "[...] And so that was just a example of a new senator, you know, making what is a political vote as opposed to doing what was important for the country." Barry Sotero

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Mon May 02, 2011 3:34 pm

steve74baywin wrote:
Velokid1 wrote:
steve74baywin wrote:
BellePlaine wrote:Someone should take the search button away from Steve again. Kidding! :-)
There still is no explanation why other things and names can be going back to 2006, but a search on Ron Paul will only get you back two weeks.
So invent an explanation? Is that the tactic? :geek:
Huh? Why is it things you say seem to be out is space lately?
I do not understand what you are referencing and what you are trying to say.
Sorry I wasn't more clear. You are puzzled, as we all are, that the search function here won't bring up recent results for "Ron Paul." The rest of us go, "Oh that's curious... funny how so often internet forum software has glitches." But you seem to want to invent an explanation that involves Colin nefariously (and very, very impressively, I might add) going into the forum software and altering the dates that come up when someone searches for RP.

It's just funny how some minds want to go for the conspiracy theory bit, assuming that there is all kinds of intricate collusion going on behind the scenes everywhere, when the real truth about the world (whether we're talking about the IAC forums or the World Trade Center) is that collusion does happen, but usually quite overtly and clumsily. Except in Hollywood.

Hope that's clear and not too spacey for you down here on Earth.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Mon May 02, 2011 4:03 pm

Paul killed the walrus.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Mon May 02, 2011 4:32 pm

Velokid1 wrote: Sorry I wasn't more clear. You are puzzled, as we all are, that the search function here won't bring up recent results for "Ron Paul." The rest of us go, "Oh that's curious... funny how so often internet forum software has glitches." But you seem to want to invent an explanation that involves Colin nefariously (and very, very impressively, I might add) going into the forum software and altering the dates that come up when someone searches for RP.

It's just funny how some minds want to go for the conspiracy theory bit, assuming that there is all kinds of intricate collusion going on behind the scenes everywhere, when the real truth about the world (whether we're talking about the IAC forums or the World Trade Center) is that collusion does happen, but usually quite overtly and clumsily. Except in Hollywood.

Hope that's clear and not too spacey for you down here on Earth.

I don't think Colin changed any software.
I said
"I am going to place my bets on this.
They were getting way too many Internet users stumbling upon the site because of the number of people who search for info on Ron Paul or they were getting hit with spam over it."
From what I have heard websites and forums have to deal with spam, attacks, webots, all the time. It is not far fetched. The odds that a software glitch would effect the searching of one mans name and not other names is kinda slim.
It's just funny how some minds want to shoot down someone else's actions all the time.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Tue May 03, 2011 7:41 am

Oh brother.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue May 03, 2011 8:55 am

Velokid1 wrote:Oh brother.
Watching the new tack taken by birthers to now demand Obama's school transcripts, Velokid1, I can only sit back, breathe, and be glad somewhere deep down that I don't have to live in their tortured shoes.
Colin :cyclopsani:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Tue May 03, 2011 12:04 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
Velokid1 wrote:Oh brother.
Watching the new tack taken by birthers to now demand Obama's school transcripts
Trump?
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Tue May 03, 2011 1:04 pm