Ed Bradley 1941-2006

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

PDX_Hops
Getting Hooked!

Ed Bradley 1941-2006

Post by PDX_Hops » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:39 pm

Farewell to a great and groundbreaking journalist.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/200 ... obit_x.htm
'76 Westy Weekender- "Fran"

Randy in Maine
IAC Addict!

Post by Randy in Maine » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:16 pm

I liked him. I think he was a genuinely nice guy. Liked jazz also. He had a great laugh also.
79 VW Bus

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:39 pm

Heard Mike Wallace being interviewed about his colleague tonight on NPR.....sad, not too many of those incredible journalists left.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:45 pm

spiffy wrote:sad, not too many of those incredible journalists left.
I'm hoping we haven't seen the last of his breed. The 2004 election and corresponding flood of investigative documentaries, Fahrenheit 911, Outfoxed, etc, made me realize that corporate ownership of the major (established) media outlets can't prevent the truth from working its way out. The internet has helped but before you get too deep into the so called blogosphere, you better have a pretty good idea of the facts and the truth because there's plenty of BS out there. Access to information is the real gem of the internet. The real tragedy is that now, we can't trust people such as Ed Bradley or Walter Cronkite to tell us the truth. I'm not saying they were completely unbiased, no one is, but this type of reporter didn't sugar coat the news or even worse lie to increase ratings or make their boss happy (Rupert Murdock).
-John
Keep it acoustic.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:43 am

LiveonJG wrote:
The real tragedy is that now, we can't trust people such as Ed Bradley or Walter Cronkite to tell us the truth.
I am interested to see how the L.A. Times situation resolves. There are billionaires out there who seem interested in buying papers these days. Might work out. . .
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles