Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

zblair
The Zster

Hey Velokid! This one's for you!

Post by zblair » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:04 pm

zblair wrote:Lawsuit: N.M. Police Ate Pot Burgers
By Associated Press
Tue Nov 7, 0:36 AM

ALBUQUERQUE - Two police officers have sued Burger King Corp., claiming they were served hamburgers that had been sprinkled with marijuana.

The lawsuit says Mark Landavazo and Henry Gabaldon, officers for the Isleta Pueblo tribal police, were in uniform and riding in a marked patrol car when they bought meals at the drive-through lane Oct. 8 of a Burger King restaurant in Los Lunas, N.M.

The officers ate about half of their burgers before discovering marijuana on the meat, the lawsuit said. They used a field test kit to confirm the substance was pot, then went to a hospital for medical evaluations.

"It gives a whole new meaning to the word 'Whopper,'" the officers' attorney, Sam Bregman, said Monday. "The idea that these hoodlums would put marijuana into a hamburger and therefore attempt to impair law enforcement officers trying to do their jobs is outrageous."

Three Burger King employees were arrested and charged with possession of marijuana and aggravated battery on an officer, a felony. They later were indicted.

The lawsuit, filed Friday in Bernalillo County, alleges personal injury, negligence, battery and violation of fair practices. It seeks unspecified damages along with legal costs.

Officials at Miami-based Burger King declined to comment, citing a company policy against discussing pending litigation.
Truth is stranger than fishin....
1974 T1 Super Beetle "Fweem"
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

"Love something? Serve it."
~Roshni Mitra

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:50 pm

Now that's just plain dumb on so many levels....
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:52 pm

Wow, I might just have to eat there now and again. I wonder if I'd get the same special treatment. Have it your way?
:weedman:
-John
Keep it acoustic.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:56 pm

High-larious! thanks for the dedication. I think. ;)

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:32 pm

LiveonJG wrote:Have it your way? :weedman: -John
Exactly! :cheers: It just made me LOL at how :cyclopsani: some "crimes" are made out to be.
1974 T1 Super Beetle "Fweem"
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

"Love something? Serve it."
~Roshni Mitra

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:26 pm

I don't know whether to laugh or cry...
::dlaugh:: ::d-cry::
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:00 am

Okay, now I am just plain mad....
this country is just goin' to pot...

Even though I love smoked pork, they should of held on to their stash.
I also love the just below the surface giggling fit as the attorney is describing the nefarious plot of some "Hoodlums" to interfere with the police. One imagines a roomful of the rest of the "gang" all bummed out because their plot to raid the DQ was foiled, and taking their frustrations out on an innocent bag of oreos.
Overheard at the hideout-"I can't believe that s***T, They didn't even finish the burger. They can't do this to us. They can't just...do...uh...dude I can't see the... aww man...that was my last chance. Someone hit the reset on the playstation. Are there any more oreos?"
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....

Adventurewagen
IAC Addict!

Post by Adventurewagen » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:28 am

Sure must have seemed like a good idea at the time. Too bad they'll all probably go to jail. It is funny, but it isn't. Know what I mean?

They needed to be either way more discrete like cooking only a small amount of it into the burger or maybe do it when the cops weren't on duty. Woulda kinda sucked if the cops had gotten into a highspeed chase afterwards and killed somebody :( Guess I'm a stick in the mud.

I wonder what would have happened if instead they'd spiked their drinks with booze? You think the same charges would have been brought on them?
63 Gulf Blue Notch
71 Sierra Yellow Adventurewagen
DjEep wrote:Velo? Are you being "over-run"? Do you need to swim through a sea of Mexican anchor-babies to get to your bus in the morning?
:wav:

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:45 am

Adventurewagen wrote: They needed to be either way more discrete like cooking only a small amount of it into the burger or maybe do it when the cops weren't on duty. Woulda kinda sucked if the cops had gotten into a highspeed chase afterwards and killed somebody :( Guess I'm a stick in the mud.

I wonder what would have happened if instead they'd spiked their drinks with booze? You think the same charges would have been brought on them?
I like the fact that they needed to go to the hospital for a couple of weed flakes....

But anyway, as long as we're playing devil's advocate... :snakeman: ...they should have used Acid harder to detect and trace, more punch.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:46 pm

I am indeed the stick in the mud, but I find the story amusing, then kinda horrible. I'd be pretty pissed if I was on the way to a job interview and someone slipped some mushroom tea into my coffee, you know?

The kids will get what they deserve, probably.