Election 2006 Finally Exhaling

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:16 pm

hambone wrote:
history may prove me "right" but what's the good of that?
Dead is dead.
Invest in the hope that future deads will be natural causes, we should investigate to help us not repeat history.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:03 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
DurocShark wrote:I didn't say that, Colin. I WANT the investigations. I WANT impeachment proceedings.

And I'm a republican!
I'm with you. I didn't quote you out of context or anything. It is *Bush* who wants to muddy the waters. . . .
Colin
Ok, it just sounded like you were talking to me.

My big issue was folks that were willing to break the constitution to get to him, which I am vehemently against. But I'm all over doing it the right way. :cheers:

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:48 pm

DurocShark wrote:
My big issue was folks that were willing to break the constitution to get to him, which I am vehemently against. But I'm all over doing it the right way. :cheers:
Me too. I am actually very High Road. But you wouldn't KNOW it the WAY I keep getting in TROUBLE around here!
That goes for death penalties torture prosecutorial misconduct, we have to live by our principles or we ain't worth the paper or somepin like that.
Colin

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:15 pm

I had someone the other day on another forum say "why impeach, what will that solve, etc, etc....
Well, for starters since when do we let people get away with murdering many for profit? But above all, what kind of message would we be sending to our leaders???? Go ahead and lie to us about another country resulting in many deaths, and um, what the heck, let's watch football...

The most amazing thing was, some of the people who will say, why bother investigating and impeaching now are some of the same who said about DUI laws in another thread "It's the law, if your over .08 you deserve to be punished to the fullest extent of the law.
Why, some middle class dude deserves all that comes with having 1.5 beers, yet those who orchestrated this illegal war should get no punishment????? Tell me these individuals are not brainwashed..

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:07 pm

Well, I don't think the war itself is reason enough. It's within the president's purvue... Though Bush stretched it more than a bit. If it was just that, I'd wait for the elections and get his ass out of office for being a moron.

No, instead it's the prosecution of the war. The odd financial angles, Haliburton's being overpaid while it underperforms, and other similar things.

Also, and more importantly in my mind, are the illegal acts encouraged by the administration and covered up by the president. Illegal wiretaps. Torture. Executive orders causing the arrest and imprisonment of AMERICAN CITIZENS without trial. THOSE are the issues I hope are addressed.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:15 pm

DurocShark wrote: Also, and more importantly in my mind, are the illegal acts encouraged by the administration and covered up by the president. Illegal wiretaps. Torture. Executive orders causing the arrest and imprisonment of AMERICAN CITIZENS without trial. THOSE are the issues I hope are addressed.
True that part.....

But, there is so much out there to show that they cherry picked the intel, and actually knew the most important stuff, "yellow cake" and "links to 9/11" was BS that I say (or have been saying lately) The question isn't should we investigate, should they get slapped, etc,etc,,,,no, the only question now is HOW MANY LIFE SENTENCES SHOULD BUSH, CHENEY, WOLFORWITZ AND RUMSFIELD GET,,,,HOW MANY LIFE SENTENCES???? :bounce: (I don't know what 1/2 of these Emoticons mean)

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:05 am

steve74baywin wrote:HOW MANY LIFE SENTENCES???? :bounce: (I don't know what 1/2 of these Emoticons mean)
Good use of emoticon :cheers:

Watch how we rationalize Bill Clinton's impeachment proceedings in the face of this unmitigated disaster in Iraq and Afghanistan and New Orleans.

Hypocrisy makes me feel emphysemically short-of-breath. I grew up with it. It is a battle to maintain the energy to even live alongside it much less protest it effectively. We as a Nation will back away from what needs to be done because there is comfort to defend and money to make. And we won't quite grasp why there is depression in our midst. Depression is often the result of inaction in the face of What Needs To Be Done.
Colin

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:17 am

steve74baywin wrote::bounce: (I don't know what 1/2 of these Emoticons mean)
You know what 1/2 of them mean? PM me and fill me in. ;)

Personally, I like the variety of smilies but just wish the standard ones (angry, wink, smile, smile bigger, laugh, despondant) were on the front page and the more elaborate ones were the ones that you had to dig for.

Most times, I feel an urge to insert an emoticon and I just randomly click on one. And that's very :compress: . Yes, that IS very "compress."

:pirate:

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:47 am

Velokid1 wrote:
steve74baywin wrote::bounce: (I don't know what 1/2 of these Emoticons mean)
You know what 1/2 of them mean? PM me and fill me in. ;)

Personally, I like the variety of smilies but just wish the standard ones (angry, wink, smile, smile bigger, laugh, despondant) were on the front page and the more elaborate ones were the ones that you had to dig for.

Most times, I feel an urge to insert an emoticon and I just randomly click on one. And that's very :compress: . Yes, that IS very "compress."

:pirate:
I have no problem with the ones we have,,but I think it would be nice if when I put my mouse over one it said what it was...Some forums have this feature.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:53 am

steve74baywin wrote:I think it would be nice if when I put my mouse over one it said what it was...Some forums have this feature.
This is not a forum issue.
My computer tells me what they are, like that helps anyway.
Do you currently have balloon tags /off on your computer?
Colin

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:08 am

Amskeptic wrote:
steve74baywin wrote:I think it would be nice if when I put my mouse over one it said what it was...Some forums have this feature.
This is not a forum issue.
My computer tells me what they are, like that helps anyway.
Do you currently have balloon tags /off on your computer?
Colin
It works now,,,maybe it was working before and I was thinking of another forum.