Payback Time

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Payback Time

Post by glasseye » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:03 pm

Get out yer checkbooks, people. It's payback time.
The real cost to America of the war on Iraq will exceed two trillion dollars.

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/110506A.shtml
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:29 pm

It is a fucking travesty. Think of what we could have done with that money had we invested it constructively.
It is immoral.
You like the fact that the military contracting oversight committee was disbanded? In the middle of Halliburtin investigation?
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:06 pm

Yes Colin you are right about the PAST wrongs and we must go forward to change that ! No matter what country your in. Here in USA we must vote on tues. or anywhere else ~~ speak up everywhere you can to change this hate and murder. NO ONE wants this that has a simgion of humanity. How can you possibly sleep well with so many innocent lives being taken? For what?

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:31 am

Amskeptic wrote:It is a fucking travesty. Think of what we could have done with that money had we invested it constructively.
Colin
How many children would $2 trillion clothe and feed? I think that would be way more effective in combatting violence than more violence. An eye for an eye.... Hope they start teaching Braille in school.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:20 am

"fucking travesty" is light treatment.

I'm not competent to judge the resilience of America's economy, but IMHO it's sure going to take a beating in the near future. Batten down the hatches.
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:38 pm

Woh, wait one cotton pickin' minute there! -- I was under the impression that the Republicans were supposed to be good with the economy, right? I expect them to perform financially damn it.

Isn't that why we've tolerated all the lies, human right violations and bloodshed? So that we would be in a position to spend all of our disposable income on disposable crap?

But you say they're running the economy down the shitter? Okay, now I'm really mad! I love disposable crap!

:compress:

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:54 pm

The budget has only been balanced ONCE in the last 40 yrs...and that was under good ole Slick Willy
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:03 pm

dingo wrote:The budget has only been balanced ONCE in the last 40 yrs...and that was under good ole Slick Willy
Oh god, don't open that can-o-worms...
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:38 pm

I think someone snuck into the White House in the middle of the night and replaced the worms in that can with excuses and justifications.

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:52 pm

Vote Damien Thorn 2008

Can't be any worse.
-John
Keep it acoustic.

nakedfrog
Getting Hooked!

Post by nakedfrog » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:24 pm

Hell, for that kind of money, we probably could have staged an overthrow of the Iraqi government from the ground up, and we wouldn't look like the bad guy to so many people.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." - Ford Prefect