The Governator

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

The Governator

Post by Velokid1 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:57 am

I'm woefully uneducated when it comes to Arnie. Fill me in: Why do so many people hate him?

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:45 am

Because he is an actor, not a governor. Meaning he is good at the whole publicity thing, but not the real job.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:48 am

DjEep wrote:Because he is an actor, not a governor. Meaning he is good at the whole publicity thing, but not the real job.
That's a good point,,, I have my thoughts about Reagan....
So many people say he was great, he did good....
Perhaps it's his great acting abilities that made him follow the script so well to fool the people while the neocons were in the back ground preparing for what we have now? Did they pick him to be pres because of his acting ability??

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:05 pm

Exactly, he originally campaigned by saying he wanted to control the Democrats and stop the "buying" of Sacremento. Then he became the biggest "seller" of Sac ever. Now he is starting to play the role of... Democrat!
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:06 pm

That and his ridiculous "Special" Election...

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

Post by tristessa » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:12 pm

I can't honestly say anything about the job Arnie's been doing in office because I moved out of state shortly after the recall election fiasco.

But it seems to me that he could be a lot worse .. at least he hasn't been caught soliciting sex from teenage boys. :blackeye:
Remember, only YOU can prevent narcissism!

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:34 pm

I guess what makes me wonder is that every time I see an Arnie headline in the news, he's doing something that I agree with.

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Post by DurocShark » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:32 pm

Velokid1 wrote:I guess what makes me wonder is that every time I see an Arnie headline in the news, he's doing something that I agree with.
He's done quite a few good things. But he's allowed the lobbyists to run amok in areas he doesn't personally care about.

He has no clear vision. Nothing to guide him.

He's still better than most of the options at the time.

Davis rocked when he was a mayor. He should have stayed there. Now CA is wallowing.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:48 pm

DurocShark wrote:
Davis rocked when he was a mayor. He should have stayed there. Now CA is wallowing.
Let's not forget that Davis was handed his head on a platter by the Enron Debacle which should have, but never did, face criminal charges with gaming the grid. . . . blessed by Cheney and his Energy Task Force. When Henry Waxman attempted to get minutes for those meetings (public meetings about public policy) he was told to take a hike by Cheney.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

Post by tristessa » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:56 pm

DurocShark wrote:He's still better than most of the options at the time.
I dunno about that .. Mary Carey would've provided better eye candy for sure. :cyclopsani:
Remember, only YOU can prevent narcissism!

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:32 pm

That's who I voted for in the recall :downtown: