John Kerry

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:57 am

RussellK wrote:Maybe Kerry was subconsciously referring to the "Poor Man's Army" and he was more right than wrong in what he said. There are a hell of a lot of people that can not afford college that join up to get their education paid and have to duck bullets as a way of paying off the "loan"
I think that is exactly what he meant.
RussellK wrote: In the last election when his patriotism was questioned because he threw medals over the fence he tried to take the high road when he should have just crossed the stage and punched George's lights out.
=D> Yes, he should have. But he also shouldn't have to, the populace should be have been able to recognize George's hypocrisy and "punch" him themselves... but.... :pale:
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:59 am

All the troops that I work with everyday completely agree with his statement.... doesn't matter if they have a college education or not....they are realists and they have to be to do the job that they do every day. After all, Kerry has been there, and done that war thing and Army thing, what he said (albeit a clunky delivery) was the plain old truth.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:35 am

RussellK wrote:Maybe Kerry was subconsciously referring to the "Poor Man's Army" and he was more right than wrong in what he said. There are a hell of a lot of people that can not afford college that join up to get their education paid and have to duck bullets as a way of paying off the "loan" Kerry's problem is he is too much of a blue blood. :cheers:
Yep,,,,no doubt,,,,Who mostly is dying in Iraq,,,I think you will find it's the Army....Who most joins the army,,,those from the poorest hoods....
Why is it they have no other options to get out of the poor hood?

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:53 am

I believe he was being honest about the botched joke. Not because he wouldn't *think* what his joke implied, but because he wouldn't be stupid enough to make that joke. Even Bush wouldn't be stupid enough to make that joke in public.

He'd be stupid enough to make the joke when his mic was on during recess, though.

But the main point is, here we are discussing one silly joke made by someone who isn't even relevant to the upcoming elections. Those conservatives are Master's of the Spin.

"Hey! Look over there!!! [as they raid the cookie jar right in front of us]"

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:06 am

But the main point is, here we are discussing one silly joke made by someone who isn't even relevant to the upcoming elections. Those conservatives are Master's of the Spin.
Well sure. But how many ways can we say Bush is an asshat. This was a nice diversion.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:04 am

True, true.

I'm not blaming us for being diverted, just commending the Fat Cat's for being so skilled at diversion. =D>

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:29 am

Thats a fact. They jump on everything and anything and act as if they keep repeating it often enough it magically transforms into the truth.

Anyway its the weekend and I've got a ride scheduled for tomorrow. Haven't been on a bike in 3 weeks. Nothing like a nice long ride to clear the cobwebs. Maybe I'll come back with a better outlook.

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:35 pm

Your outlook seems fine to me, Russel!

Nothing wrong with asking The Questions That Must Be Asked.

Have a nice ride!

Two wheels good- four wheels... not as good.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:49 pm

"Four legs Good, two legs Bad!"
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:57 pm

Just so you know, there's a higher percentage of highschool grads in the armed forces than the general population. Whats wrong with joining the military to open doors in your future? My honor student daughter wants to be a doctor, we're looking into the Navy. They put you through college you give them 6 years or make a career and retire in your 40's. So you retire in your 40's with a pension and some highly regarded credentials. Open a private pratice and voila your kid becomes one of the haves and not a have not like me. BEFORE SHES 50. Whats wrong with that.

I'm a rubbish man for a small town DPW I make a decent living but no way could I send her through med school. Thats what makes America great Don't you guys knock the military. It's all volunteer. Everybody there knew or should have known they could be sent into harms way. Those that are whining about it were hoping for a free ride and didn't get one, tough shit to them. I'm a veteran of the Iranian expedition and I had no problem being sent. At the age of 45 in 2001 I looked into re enlisting, to damn old.

Bill

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:50 pm

The cause is ultimately the issue, though. You wouldn't want your daughter sent into harms way over something some fratboy idiot like Bush started to line his own pockets, right?

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:25 pm

Actually I'm all for the war. Send more troops and finish it. I'm not kidding. When they run to Syria follow them and kill them. When they run to Iran follow them and kill them. Make it to costly to fuck with the western civilization. It's their mission to destroy us as they have stated repeatedly, I say we should go destroy them first. There is no negotiating with these people, look at Israel, they pull out of Lebanon and end their war, the rocket attacks start right up again. The terrorists won't stop, they never will. Don't tell me it's Bush propaganda this has been going on for 100's of years. It was started by western civilization during the crusades. Western civilization has grown and matured and would much rather live in peace with the people of the Mideast but the radical faction of Islam won't let us. They keep attacking us . So if it's a fight they want we should bring it to them and finish it. Or they'll just keep trying to fuck us up .

Rant over. I really have to stop reading these posts, you guys probably think I'm some kind of lunatic.

If my daughter wanted to go I wouldn't try to stop her. I'd pray alot( I'm not a member of any organized religion, raised catholic ) and be worried sick about her. I'd also be very proud of her.

Bill

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:05 pm

vdubyah73 wrote:Actually I'm all for the war. Send more troops and finish it. I'm not kidding. When they run to Syria follow them and kill them. When they run to Iran follow them and kill them.
Ummm... which "them"?

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:08 pm

The ones shooting back

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:10 pm

If we keep chasing down every person that shoots back at us while we're invading their country, we'll be fighting everyone forever.

If we wanna kill off the rest of the world, I say we go back to the Spread McDonald's Worldwide method of warfare. Much more effective. And tastier.