How will you and will you VOTE?

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

dingo
IAC Addict!

Post by dingo » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:46 pm

...impeachments, coups, revolutions, assasinations....they just seem to clear a nice open space for a slightly different, but equally annoying douchebag to set up shop
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:32 pm

dingo wrote:...impeachments, coups, revolutions, assasinations....they just seem to clear a nice open space for a slightly different, but equally annoying douchebag to set up shop
Impeachment is a fine established Democratic Tool Embedded In Our Government Principles and blessed by Jefferson when used responsibly, unlike your other options.
Impeachment would be the only true way we could restore our self respect. Unfortunately "don't rock the boat" sorts are terrified of acting boldly when called-for. The neo-con Cabal has committed atrocities in the name of Democracy unlike those who have committed atrocities in the name of suicidal jihadism. Which is worse? You answer that. It is like the difference between a murder committed by an angry nutcase and the murder committed by the "civilized" State to punish murder.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:17 pm

Lets hope tomorrow America begins to pull its collective head out of its ass.

vdubyah73
IAC Addict!

Post by vdubyah73 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:13 pm

Just think to yourself, who would the Islamic fascists want in office? and vote accordingly.

Bill

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:17 pm

Bush Co all the way then...
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:26 pm

vdubyah73 wrote:Just think to yourself, who would the Islamic fascists want in office? and vote accordingly.

Bill
Well gee, that would be the democrats? Huh Bill? Islamo-fascicts always vote Democrat, at least that what Rush says. But wait, he also attacked Michael J. Fox and said he was a big faker. Hmmm, could Rush be wrong about something? No, wait, don't think for myself, don't think for myself, I'm really scared of the big bad world out there! I'm voting Republican!

The previous bit of satire was brought to you by:
Concerned Americans for Public Safety
-John
Keep it acoustic.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:20 am

vdubyah73 wrote:Just think to yourself, who would the Islamic fascists want in office? and vote accordingly.

Bill
They'd vote for Bush. Bush has made it so they could get into Iraq, instead of going after Bin Laden, Bush got rid of Saddam who prevented them from entering Iraq. That's why we didn't secure the place quickly, so Bush could get more of his middle eastern religous fanatics in there.... See, they all think the same, use religeon and the people who follow religeon to do your fighting for you. Bush-Bin Laden,,same thing. It's funny how they did business for years together, yet have been able to deceive people into thinking they are not doing business today!!!

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:49 pm

This is beneath all of us. It truly is.

Vote your conscience, vote your values, vote your dreams, vote your community, vote for the greater good, vote for competent people.

Do not vote in response to hateful ignorant posturing.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Randy in Maine
IAC Addict!

Post by Randy in Maine » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:16 pm

I have voted in every election since 1972 when I voted against Richard Nixon. Still proud of that vote.

"Why change dicks in the middle of a screw.
Re-elect Nixon in 72."

One of the catchier political slogans of recent times.
79 VW Bus

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:28 pm

"Why change dicks in the middle of a screw.
Re-elect Nixon in 72."
That reminds me of the time we got stopped for the regular shakedown. My buddy had a bumper sticker that read "There is a dick in the whitehouse" The cops took our IDs to run and when they went around back to read his tag saw the sticker and started laughing. A little levity goes a long way. We were sent on our way.

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:00 pm

Amskeptic wrote:Vote your conscience, vote your values, vote your dreams, vote your community, vote for the greater good, vote for competent people.

Colin
=D>
1974 T1 Super Beetle "Fweem"
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

"Love something? Serve it."
~Roshni Mitra

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:46 pm

I was a bit put-off by something I experienced at the polls today.

While I was voting there was a man in the room talking quite loudly about Abu Ghraib and assorted qualms he had with Bush and the war and whatnot. While I mostly agreed with what he was saying, I felt it was an incredibly inappropriate topic, given the setting. I wondered why the poll workers didn't do anything until I walked over to hand in my ballot.... and he was the one collecting!

On another note I really, really hope CA Prop. 86 doesn't pass, although I highly doubt it won't. I think it is horrible that after going through quitting smoking, twice, I still get punished for it. My SO smokes, has tried to quit, but is still a smoker. Her mother was a smoker and she picked up the habit young. She is also a ball of stress sometimes and, with our limited funds, adding more financial worry will not help her quit. But it will make my life hell...
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

PDX_Hops
Getting Hooked!

Post by PDX_Hops » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:18 pm

Anybody else running a little behind schedule with their voting this time? Leaving around 6:30 to drop mine off (cutoff is at 8:00) p.m. Everything's going to be decided by the time my vote gets counted!

Meant to do this last night, but my testy hot water heater had other ideas of how I should spend my Monday evening...
'76 Westy Weekender- "Fran"

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:26 pm

PDX_Hops wrote:Anybody else running a little behind schedule with their voting this time? Leaving around 6:30 to drop mine off (cutoff is at 8:00) p.m. Everything's going to be decided by the time my vote gets counted!

Meant to do this last night, but my testy hot water heater had other ideas of how I should spend my Monday evening...
I turned mine in this morning. It's not about everything being decided, there's a reason the polls are open till 8, so you have enough time to get your vote in. I can't stand the weenie-winey "Well my one vote really doesn't count anyway."
One vote may seem insignificant but it isn't. Thanks for taking the time to do it.
-John
Keep it acoustic.

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:27 pm

My experiance at the polls this time was interesting to say the least. It is a polling place of many old hippies, artist , muscians and new very expensive home owners moving to the mt. to escape what most of us knew was a must long ago. The machines were being worked on by strangers, removing paper tapes and looking nervous while us in line watched them with there tools to disassemble machines and remove tapes and put them in baggies with a maybe secuity tape. :cyclopsani:

I don,t know what was happening but will trust the process for now???

Same old lady faces for the last 15 yrss I know of at table, getting signature and home address and giving out sticker that this year did not say I voted electronacly???? I asked why ?? and sweet faced lady said it is old Hat???? I wonder ~~~ Barb