Keith has another one,

Over 18 ONLY! For grown-ups. . .

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:21 pm

He is just so brave and right in my opinion. I worrie for his welfare. He must have body guards??? Now is that not a sad thought to think that one so full of Free Speech could be silenced?

The republicans I have talked with are just plain blind to the thought of our President being wrong and take any confortation as an attack of our troops. :scratch:

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:02 pm

I love the Olberman bits but with each new one I feel more like he's laying it on a little thick. What he's saying is 100% true, in my estimation, but the delivery just seems a little bit Reefer Madness to me.

But then, that IS the Republicans' game, so why not battle them with their own tactics? Dramatize everything and speak very gravely into the camera like Alfred Hitchcock. =D>

It's very Edward T. Morrow-esque. Which is a compliment.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:13 pm

A couple points,

Velokid1,
I think he needs to lay it on thick cause nothing else is working...

Elwood,
You know what else is sad, In the name of fighting terrorism they spy on peace groups... What does that tell you? If they're enemies are those for peace, then they must be for war?

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:40 pm

I thought his tangent about Bush and the 9/11 bodies was a bit of a stretch. But overall, more frightening truths, like the "definition of terror" bit.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:53 pm

Velokid1 wrote: I
But then, that IS the Republicans' game, so why not battle them with their own tactics?
No way. . . Keith is not playing a game here. He does not have an agenda generated by "advisors" he is not spewing platitudes, he is does not have underhanded motives, he is not defending the indefensible. The "game" would be utterly lost if he battled them with their own tactics.

If you look closely at his body language and inflections, you see a man with commitment and real disgust. It is a bit strong for those who have been raised and blinded by polite society, but it is a healthy passion when it is connected to a person's heart who believes every word he is speaking. . . unlike any utterance I've heard from Bush/Cheney/Rice.
I think he would tell you "this is not a game."
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:40 am

Velokid1
IAC Addict!

Post by Velokid1 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:08 pm

Anyone see the video of Bush speaking yesterday?

I do believe he's finally cracking. He seemed bewildered, frightened, confused... reminded me of a 14 year old kid who got himself in too deep and just wants to go home.

I almost felt sorry for him for a second there. Game over, chief.

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:59 pm

Velokid1 wrote:Anyone see the video of Bush speaking yesterday?

I do believe he's finally cracking. He seemed bewildered, frightened, confused... reminded me of a 14 year old kid who got himself in too deep and just wants to go home.

He thought is was going to be all keggers and secret handshakes.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:26 pm

I had the same reaction. I have to remind myself that he has enjoyed the perks of his office. Let come what may.
Colin

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:50 am

Yep, I saw it, and I saw the moment your talking about....Then I saw him go back to preaching his BS instead of answering the questions. Did anyone notice how many times he didn't answer what was asked, just went on a rant of the usual talking point lies.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:53 pm

steve74baywin wrote: I saw the moment you're talking about....Then I saw him go back to preaching his BS instead of answering the questions. Did anyone notice how many times he didn't answer what was asked, just went on a rant of the usual talking point lies.
That is what has surprised me over the past six years, how questions get deflected by re-tread platitudes and the questioner just lays down and plays dead. I pray for a sharp press corps once more.
Colin